Craiglush Loch

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
Near Dunkeld. I was passing there last night as the light was going & thought I would try a shot.
C_Loch_1.jpg

Nice shot. Really nice fg detail you have caught - the bg reflections are the bonus .

Excellent. I like the foreground and the thin nature of the plants as a contrast to the background of the trees. Very tranquil. Simple and enchanting.

I don't like it,........... there's no red squirrels in the frame :( ;)

Seriously a great shot, I took a few loch reflection shots on the way to Skye last week but made the mistake of placing the reflections bang in the middle, they work much better in the background as you have done.(y)

Good effort, nice idea with the Ivy? in the foreground.

The reflections have not quite worked, maybe because the sky was too overcast. The reflections of the sky are a bit indistinct and those of the trees are too far. Would benefit from more light in the foreground.

Good location, go back a few times over the autumn and you could nail this.

I like the effect of the floating things and the stickie-up things from the loch waters but the reflections make the horizon look fuzzy.

Maybe skive off from your work a wee bit earlier on a sunny day (probably both not easy).

Last edited:
Looks like those water lilies are "on the turn" colourwise. Will look great there when the trees go too. (y)

The lack of sky detail has resulted in separating the foreground from it's background and (IMO) almost creating two images. The light difference between sky and foreground is too great and needs a ND filter or different lighting.

I am being critical as this has the making of being a great shot and agree with previous posts that you should return as you will be properly rewarded.
(y)

Thanks for all the comments. Food for thought there! To tell the truth I was just coming to the end of a 300+mile round trip to Beauly & was just wanting to stretch the gamie leg for 5 minutes. Took the camera & tripod but did not bother with NDs. I might be doing that trip again very soon so if the weather is ok I will take it again. Sorry no squirrels but there were signs of Otters about so maybe another early morning jaunt would be better.

Back