crazy Idea

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
Where do I start?

I had this mad Idea of just using one remote trigger to fire off 2 cameras and two flashguns at the same time. Mad I Know.
Well I already had a D800 and D810 cameras - A pixels flash master control and a receivers to fire of both the flashguns but only one Phottix camera trigger and receiver, so onto the internet to search for another Phottix WXD-188 receiver. Now these are no longer being produced but found one in the USA so ordered it and it has just arrived.

GREAT me thinks!!!! erm no, the transmitter and new receiver didn't pair up- sod it. Had a look on line and found it was possible to pair them up together via pushing the buttons on the both transmitter (to switch it on) and the receiver in a particular sequence. Now me very happy:D .

Ok now the setup.
First of all getting the cameras to work on the same settings- as well as the Pixel master to the receivers on the same channel,. so now just by using one trigger I should be able to fire off two cameras and two flashguns with one trigger.

next was to video it in slowmo so you can see what happened

Did it work?

Last edited:
Bob I was thinking along the lines of a bird feeding station or where they have a drink as below

j0DxWsz.jpg
as you know birds scare easily and not always facing the way you want. So my weird thoughts were 2 camera= 2 angles. There is an alternative as well, I can set up one camera to take stills and the other to video ( Menu G4 with those cameras) nothing worse than waiting hours and missing the shot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt

Having cameras side by side all I had to do is put them on the same setting. The Pixel king flash trigger master took a bit of figuring out as it has umpteen setting on it and it can control different flash power output. As you have just joined maybe a little of how and why is in order. using two different lenses in mm terms gives more choice

I started off with the Nikon D70s to the D200 to the D300 (still have) to the D800 which I dropped,. so while in for repair I got the D810, hence these are my main cameras Then the Nikon SB900 Flashgun as the SB600 was ok but not much power so got rid of it.

I found just having the flashgun on top of the camera a bit restrictive so searched for a wireless radio signal flash trigger and receiver. Got the Pixel as it has a through put so you can still mount a flashgun on top or camera trigger as in the photo. Not many flash triggers have this and the range is about 300 ft hence i got it for about £50 for trigger and receiver. so looked around for another flashgun and bought a Meile MK910

so as for setting up at the moment only just this afternoon got the second camera trigger receiver my main concern being used was did it work. after reprogramming it yes. AS long as they take the photo at the same time, which they do the camera processor may differ a bit in each camera ,I don't know.

Last edited:
Back