Crazy Lighting Setup help!

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Some advice would be greatly appreciated! I've got to shoot an industry mock setup for an Asbestos Removal Company inside a yard/warehouse involving wood/plastic enclosure setups etc. The lights available for use are the portable 500W Trade floodlights on adjustable stands :|

Final output is for web and possibly average quality brochure so highest of quality photos aren't essential. I realise these lights aren't ideal but I'm not prepared to go out and get proper studio lights just yet and especially not in the horribly dirty and cluttered environment I'll be shooting in so would anyone be able to offer some suggestions at how I could make the most of these two portable lights bearing in mind the heat is pretty intense from them?

I think I'm going to have to be pretty creative here! :LOL:

If you have access to wood and plastic you could cover a wooden frame with that thick opaque plastic to diffuse the light a bit, just don't get it too close to the lights and remember to set your camera to the correct colour temp.Or you could use some sheet plastic stood up in front of them.The problem with these light is the intensity I used one for a shoot in a nightclub and ended up with the lamp on the other side of the room (about 50ft away) Failing that you could bounce a flashgun if you have one?

Good luck!

If you are outside in the yard, dont use the lights.
If you are inside, use only those lights and plenty of them, no florescent, daylight, SON or metal halide, mixed lighting will kill you in processing.
You can have a bit, just to see what you are doing, but those halogens have to be totally dominant and cast few shadows.

Thanks for the advice all. I'll post some of the results when done - if they aren't too bad hehe

Back