Crazy prices

i feel really good now for getting a 6 month old 10-22 from ebay for £435 yesterday now!

yeah i wish id bought new before xmas! i missed a 70-200 2.8 IS on the bay for £800 the other day but id rather not talk about that!! :bang:

£719 for 10-22!
I thought WHE price was crazy.
I'm please I picked up new one for £499 2 weeks ago.

Popped into Jessops in the Trafford centre this morning and was amazed at the prices on show.
580exII £435
10-22 ef £719
70-200 f4 is £1079

and how many have they sold at those prices I wonder?

Alan

No wonder as a company they are struggling

yea they are silly prices to the camera minded people...
but for the average jo they don't know what prices are what, and would rather go into a shop and buy. hence why Jessops are still about :/

I'm glad I spent alot of lenses last few weeks before the price increase, I got some bargins :)

£719 for the 10-22mm....is that a typing error..:)

I got one about a year ago from Onestop Digital with Canon UK warranty for £330 inc post, vat etc.

Probably setting up for a 'massive discount' sale.

£719 for 10-22!
I thought WHE price was crazy.
I'm please I picked up new one for £499 2 weeks ago.

In the last month WHE have gone from being one of the cheapest (and as such selling all of their stock) to one of the most expensive (the first people to have to sell at new prices) and are now becoming much cheaper (as the new 'cheapest' retailer runs out of the old priced lenses).

Its not quite gone full circle yet, but the likes of Amazon and Dixons are running out fast, soon WHE will be back to being the cheapest

Don't take it out on poor Jessops. They are only putting the prices up on the back of Canon's price increases. Read the news. Well done to those of you that have purchased already, the pound is getting weaker so expect other manufacturers to follow.

I'm lucky in that I have all that I need. If a decent 5D or 1Ds came along at the right price (cheap!) I would be interested, but anything else now is "want" so I will just be window shopping.
Its not easy for people just coming into photography or who are trying to upgrade though, secondhand prices now are almost the same as new were a little while back.

still showing as £269.99 for me - but that is canon mount which is the only one left under £350. No doubt that will soon increase as well once the older, cheaper stock sells

still showing as £269.99 for me - but that is canon mount which is the only one left under £350. No doubt that will soon increase as well once the older, cheaper stock sells

Yes, that'll happen the same as it did on Tuesday for the Nikon mount. Interestingly, in comparison, the 50mm f/1.4 rose only £44 from £315 to £359 - other places have this lens at >£500 :)eek:) so I'd expect another rise when the current stock runs out.

Back