crb checks

photomad

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
im doing a class photo for the local pre school soon and they have asked me if im crb checked.

im not and they dont seemed concerned although they have got me thinking that maybe i should.

only prob is you dont seemed to be able to do it yourself you really seem to need an employer to do it for you.

is this correct? please help!!!!!

has anybody out there that does kids portraits been crb checked?:shrug: :woot:

I don't do kids portraits but I am CRB checked - it was done by my university.

The problem that I have with these checks are they they only prove that you haven't done anything in the past (or been caught for it), not that you won't do anything in the future.

Seems like a silly system to me.

maybe i will asked at the pre school and they might do it for me i have known the boss for 4 years.

how much does it cost?(y) (y)

I didn't have to pay for it but I believe that it is about 35 quid. I couldn't find a straight answer on the website.

The current legislation does not allow the self-employed or individuals to apply for a CRB check on themselves. In addition, parents who employ a nanny/au pair/babysitter directly cannot apply for a CRB check; however, if an agency supplies the nanny/au pair/babysitter, the agency is entitled to carry out a CRB check.

I'd suggest you ask the school to do it on your behalf.
And ask for a Standard Disclosure, there is no need for an enhanced disclosure.

And ask for a Standard Disclosure, there is no need for an enhanced disclosure.

Around here an extended crb is required for work in schools. I'm pretty sure that legislation doesn't require it but it is the local councils policy.

Around here an extended crb is required for work in schools. I'm pretty sure that legislation doesn't require it but it is the local councils policy.

Enhanced CRB is for:
In general, the type of work will involve regularly caring for, supervising, training or being in sole charge of such people. Examples include a Teacher, Scout or Guide leader.

So unless he is directly employed by the school and/or he has direct unsupervised contact with the children then a standard CRB would suffice.

Additionally a standard CRB takes days to turnaround, an enhanced can take weeks.

great advice as usual all you lovely people

i will ask the school to help me out

I keep my CRB checks in my folder along with all my booking forms, release forms, tariffs and what not. This way I have all the paperwork I need to hand for those moments when jumped up parents start complaining/stereotyping you for that word I dont want to say.

This way you are covered and nothing feels better when they turn around and walk off without even saying a word.

Its a shame the world has come down to this. There shouldnt even be a need to carry such documents with you. But hey, you need to back yourself up.

King.

EDIT: As previously stated you need to be CRB cleared to work with children.

EDIT 2: I work with kids week in week out at the local Air Cadet Squadron. All adult staff need to be CRB cleared to even enter the building. They now have a form in their 3822's about photography and possible photographs of their children being taken which parents need to sign.

i agree i was a bit shocked when i was asked

and thought what a cheek!!!!!!

but after some thought i realised it was just the sign of the times

how did you get your checks ???:wave: :wave:

done shout the answer as im a learner still

wots a release form?

i agree i was a bit shocked when i was asked

and thought what a cheek!!!!!!

but after some thought i realised it was just the sign of the times

how did you get your checks ???:wave: :wave:

You need to send off for a form. I did mine through the MOD which was quite a lengthy process which was worth it in the end.

Pop down to your local council. They will have the forms there. Make sure you read the filling in guide as it can be confusing.

King.

done shout the answer as im a learner still

wots a release form?

Model and Minor release forms are required to publish/sell portraits of people. The client fills them in, signs it and you keep it for your records.

Shouldnt think it would required for a school photograph though.

King.

You can get a Standard CRB check done yourself (I have done it a few times before) An enhanced one needs to be through someone else.

I had one done as part of my MOD clearance.

thanks for the replies i do know the school have forms which parents can sign to allow there children to be photographed as i signed one myself when my son was there.

she is putting up a note to say i have no crb check so parents can opt out if they want.

a lot of parents know me there so im only a little bit freaked ha ha

but i do understand the ones who dont know me that i could be anyone.

its an icky world to live in

Does a CRB check ever expire? As ive been CRB checked due to my job(Working in a college), im just wondering if this will apply still if I was to leave my current job.

Does a CRB check ever expire? As ive been CRB checked due to my job(Working in a college), im just wondering if this will apply still if I was to leave my current job.

If you leave your current job and get another job doing a similar thing (which requires you to be CRB checked), then you will have to have another one done.

Boooo! :crying: I've been beaten to replying about something I actually know about, hehe :LOL:

A CRB is not transferable so if you have a job and are CRB checked then it is only applicable for that job. If you at the same time work in another job, they need to do a separate CRB.

So in reality it is really difficult as a photographer to ever be CRB checked.

Many companies are now bringing in a 3 year renewal for staff - this is not current legislation but is being adopted by many councils and schools.

Enhanced CRB is really the only one worth its salt, and even then only on the day it was checked.

i work for social services and as said a enhanced is good to have but it isnt transferable, i did some work for a school and had to have another done first its a bit of a pain really, but i am happy to keep kids safe.

you can get them done through the swppHere

Crb Online the gov portal

As has been said, you will probably need a new CRB check for any new job (I mean a permanent job, rather than short term contracts, as it can take awhile to get the CRB processed and back).

I signed up with a job agancy a couple of months ago and needed a CRB check, 2 weeks after I got the paperwork back I got a job without the agancy, and my new employer didn't accept the CRB, and needed to get another one for me.

No big thing, it is their money. ;) I did have to pay myself for the agency though CRB though. :(

What a kerfuffle!.... Grrr! Bureaucracy at it's most crass - the pinnacle of inanity! The product of paranoia...

On the one hand we a populous hell-bent on protection of everything... and I mean EVERYTHING. On the other hand it seems there are no valid, workable mechanisms in place to supply that protection.

Not being able to broker a CRB check as a self-employed individual is the ultimate. Even pxl8's link is not as embracing as it should be.

Whilst I support the protection of children and the like there is only so far you can go to provide this cover through legislation. If a pervert wants to feed his perversion and is determined to do so he/she'll find a way round this check. The check really is only any good for the law-abiding. Bit like losing a driving licence but only stopping those with a conscience.... if the banned want to continue driving they will - only making them blind or something will actually stop them (perhaps, not even then) :bang: !

Jobs for the boys!

/RANT

Couldn't agree more with Barry. Time was when prospective employers could ring the local cop shop and get this information over the phone as part of the service provided to the community. With the advent of PNC and The Data Protection Act, the records became 'data' and passing the information on became seriously job threatening for your local copper.

What a kerfuffle!.... Grrr! Bureaucracy at it's most crass - the pinnacle of inanity! The product of paranoia...

On the one hand we a populous hell-bent on protection of everything... and I mean EVERYTHING. On the other hand it seems there are no valid, workable mechanisms in place to supply that protection.

Not being able to broker a CRB check as a self-employed individual is the ultimate. Even pxl8's link is not as embracing as it should be.

Whilst I support the protection of children and the like there is only so far you can go to provide this cover through legislation. If a pervert wants to feed his perversion and is determined to do so he/she'll find a way round this check. The check really is only any good for the law-abiding. Bit like losing a driving licence but only stopping those with a conscience.... if the banned want to continue driving they will - only making them blind or something will actually stop them (perhaps, not even then) :bang: !

Jobs for the boys!

/RANT

Couldn't agree more with Barry. Time was when prospective employers could ring the local cop shop and get this information over the phone as part of the service provided to the community. With the advent of PNC and The Data Protection Act, the records became 'data' and passing the information on became seriously job threatening for your local copper.

Couldnt agree more. :clap:

Back