creating a slideshow for front web page

HI,

I am actually in the process of re designing my website in iweb and have put a slideshow on my front page, (www.chrisgrievephotography.co.uk) (only home page is uploaded so far)

what to do is open iPhoto and select the images you want to use in the slideshow, then go to the export menu, and choose the quicktime tab, and save this to your movies folder... the when you go into iweb you can just drag the movie onto your home page and just resize it.

thats the basics.. you will need to make sure the images are all the same size otherwise it doesnt look right when it changes the photo... hope that helps you.

Chris.

my one has about 10 images in it and it is only 516kb, plus i could probably lower the quality of the pictures.

Edit...

yes it does download the movie before showing it, so its best to try and keep the amount of images down or with low quality.

I use Wondershare Flash slideshow builder - always found it very stable with enough options that I can create either the most simple show, or something far more complex...

Smaller than I thought. I guess it depends on how large the images are. Javascript with preloading would be more efficient, scalable and you could easily slot in new images without having to author a new movie.

I will also be looking into some of these other options, the reason i used the quicktime movie was because it was near enough just drag and drop, im not to sure about the coding :shrug:

My site is built in iWeb and uses simple viewer from Airtight for all the galleries.

It's just a set of galleries that have been created, then linked to in and iFrame, This way the galleries are managed separately and I can export directly from lightroom without needing to touch iWeb for the updates.

You could easily do the same with Autoviewer.

Airtight don't have a nice slideshow product with fades (AFAIK). Autoviewer is fine provided you like how images are displayed. Simple viewer is lovely, but has no slideshow functionality.

I'm pretty sure that Chase Jarvis uses Livebooks for his site.

Yeah he does. I have a prop web designer starting the process of sorting my sites out, and I have a really blank homepage at present until he starts to produce it, and obviously he will be doing it properly rather than in IWeb, so just wanted a mean time, think I will just give up on it until my web dev gets on the case, hopefully in a cpl weeks.

Back