Creating a white background

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
I`m trying to make the background in the picture below, plain white for my model car website. So far my attempts at doing this have been crap, I end up with smudged and broken outlines, the white seems to bleed in to the colour. I am using gimp. Please help!:bonk:

Car.JPG

:shrug:

something like this

car-1.jpg

md:shrug:

does your software have a magic wand ...

i use ps7 and all i did was select the magic wand tool on the shot it went all around the car the used a brush on the photo..

very basic but it has solid lines so was very easy to do...

md(y)

if you dont let me know we should be able to do it somehow...

" goes off to search gimp :shrug:"

does your software have a magic wand ...

i use ps7 and all i did was select the magic wand tool on the shot it went all around the car the used a brush on the photo..

very basic but it has solid lines so was very easy to do...

md(y)

if you dont let me know we should be able to do it somehow...

" goes off to search gimp :shrug:"

I can`t find a magic wand thingy, but it doesn`t mean it doesn`t have one, I have only just started to use it. :bonk:

i can not help with the gimp sortware mate sorry...

but it would be worth finding out..

maybe look here...magic wand tool

google is our friend

md(y)

i can not help with the gimp sortware mate sorry...

but it would be worth finding out..

maybe look here...magic wand tool

google is our friend

md(y)

I found the fuzzy icon, I didn`t realise that was the magic wand. I will have a go with this, thanks for the link by the way.

Thanks MD your help is much appreciated.

Thanks also to mattyh. I should be able to attack it now (y)

;)

my work here is done....:LOL:

md(y)

ps a slight tweak on the sharpness for web would not hurt also a little more contrast imo

My 2p for what it's worth

Use a more reflective 'floor' - something very white & shiny will reduce or even remove the need for much if any PP work, perhaps a nice shiny tray or some such - worst way going a batch process could sort it

DD

My 2p for what it's worth

Use a more reflective 'floor' - something very white & shiny will reduce or even remove the need for much if any PP work, perhaps a nice shiny tray or some such - worst way going a batch process could sort it

DD

Good advice, I will have a go tomorrow and experiment with different surfaces. (y)

In addition to all the excellent advice above... Viveza (Nik software) is an amazing tool, download the free trial and give it a go.

Back