Creating an Gallery without an website, for proofing of photographs taken for an individual

Name
jo
Edit My Images
Yes
I wondering if I can set up a Gallery on line, that isn't website dependent, but will give the ability to give secure access to some else, to proof photographs that have been taken, and choice which ones they want to include in an printed Album.

I need to be able to upload the photographs, they need to be secure, with a password access. But don't want them to be able to download copies of photographs etc. is this possible or do I really need to set up a website to enable to have a customer type Gallery

Why not use Flickr - and low res - small water marked images ????

There is no feature to password protect content on Flickr. you need to make the photos in the album private, then use the share tool to issue a Guest Pass to the recipient.

Simple enough

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thinking, I did ponder if I could get around it with flickr shall start sorting it out. Hopefully wont' go over any of the quota's that Flickr now sets.

Dropbox, one drive, google drive all allow you share a folder with someone and have reasonable ways of presenting photos.

Shootproof does what you’re looking for

Good thinking, I did ponder if I could get around it with flickr shall start sorting it out. Hopefully wont' go over any of the quota's that Flickr now sets.
1,000 images is plenty :)

I use Instaproofs. I think they have the largest free allowance of all the online galleries.

I've looked at my flickr account, but not sure that its how I want to do it.

I've checked Shootproof and Instaproofs but not 100% whether I can use these without my own website or whether its totally standalone

Back