Creating my own website

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone.

I've been looking around for a good website company to build my own website.

I have an ambition to start photography as a side line job and would like to build my own website.

However I'm unsure who to use, I see many beautiful websites from wedding photographers and portrait photographers alike.

Can anyone pass on some advice or feedback in their experiences please.

This is a long term project as I have other things going on at the moment, however if I can weigh up the pros and cons I should be able to plan when the best time for me to start will e.

Thanks

Dan

There are many different solutions, because there are many different requirements.

So you need to understand what it is you need the site to do, it'd help if you uhave a fledgling business with an idea of what you need from a site:

Do you have any design or web design skills?
drafting skills
Do you need to sell from the site
A blog
is simple SEO important

Hi. Some options might be wordpress blog to start, or even Flickr (as a last resort!). A site on zenfolio, for instance, offers ready made galleries and photo ordering but will cost you. Decide on your immediate and longer term needs before you start.

I struggled with WP. Its brilliant, but you need the knowledge.

I have used www.redframe.com - not to everyones taste but works for me.

There are Wordpress themes that require no knowledge, the old adage 'You get what you pay for' is as true today...

None of the 'turnkey' hosting plans add up financially IMHO, particularly when they start talking numbers of images... what's that about I'm a photographer, I'm paying for site management not shelf space.

Back