Creative live

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
I've seen Creative Live plugged a few times by some photogs I follow, is it really as simple as signing up and registering to watch quality learning videos?

Call me cynical but what's the catch?
The only thing I can see is if you miss it live you can buy a video of it which from a quick poke about seem expensive.

Just had a browse & I'm just as interested!
Anyone on here know much about Creative Live?

There is no catch. You do not even need to register. Go to the site when a show is being broadcast, then watch it and if you feel inclined buy it.

One of the best things to happen to photo training in a long time! They make money through sponsorship and people buying the courses. I have bought a couple of courses and they are my most watched photo stuff.

Great instructors, and also repeated through the night if you miss it when its on. Usually streams between 5pm and midnight UK time.

Once you get past the Americanisms they are pretty good to watch.

One thing to point out is that the level of questions asked from the 'audience' ranges from the person who has never used a camera before to joke/spoof questions to serious pro speak so you just need to be aware what is going on.

The chat rooms that come with it are good for when the mundane stuff starts.

Well worth a watch in my opinion.

I've bought courses from there before and watched others, as a general rule I've found the quality to be great. I dont really think $99 for 3 eight hour days of training is that much compared to other sources of training, thats what I paid for the Zack Arias course.

Definitely well worth a watch. The most recent one, Zach and Jody do weddings, was particularly good. The overall spirit is outstandingly generous and friendly. I've watched several of them now - enjoyed and benefitted every time. I've bought several and think it was money very well spent.

The only thing I can see is if you miss it live you can buy a video of it which from a quick poke about seem expensive.

The live courses happen during the day in Seattle which is from about 5pm to 11pm here but if you miss the live session, they run repeats through the night and the following day so you get a couple of chances to catch up. While the course is running, you can buy it for about $99 which I reckon is a bargain. After the event, they charge around $149 which isn't so much of a bargain but not bad value at around £4 per hour of training.

Last edited:
Ahh so it's $99 for however many days it's on not for each day, I guess they are DRM'd as well but no problem.

I might have to logon and watch to get a feel for it. I watched the Sekonic own ones a little while back which had some technical difficulties then the usual dopey to full on pro questions so sounds the same. Time for a peruse me thinks :)

I watched Zack's workshops and bought the 'Foundations of a Working Photographer'. I found Zack's approach brilliant, I learnt a lot. I paid the $99 or about £63, i'm not sure I would have paid the $149 unless I had seen it first. I see he has one on Studio Lighting etc. Has anyone seen this, is it as good as Foundations?

I did noticed that someone is selling his 'Onelight' DVD is on eBay the other day. If I hadn't of bought the workshop, I might have considered bidding on it.

Back