Creative or Lost the Plot?

Name
Lionel
Edit My Images
No
In an attempt to inject some creativity into my photography I took a drive in the rain. Have I completely lost the plot?

_DSC0056 by LionelM06, on Flickr

_DSC0062 by LionelM06, on Flickr

_DSC0076 by LionelM06, on Flickr

_DSC0109 by LionelM06, on Flickr

There are 6 more on flickr but you might say just more of the same! There is some PP in the way of LR presets with a bit of tweaking on some. Haven't spent too much time on them. Would certainly be interested in comments/views as this kind of stuff is fairly alien to me lol.

Love the first one, second one doesn't work in the same way for me because the car spoils the illusion.

#1 feels cold, lonely, harrowing really..

Cheers Dan, that's exactly what I thought about #1. Liked the trees in #2 but guess the car does kind of spoil it a bit now that you mention it.

Yup, like the first one and really think it is an idea worth pursuing, I know this is probably impossible to achieve but I wonder what the first would be like if lights where less "bumpy", more like streaks?

Thanks again for all the comments. Reassuring!! Yes Simon, the old debate to watermark or not! This one is a bit obtrusive, particularly on the mono shots. It was a quick export from LR so not much thought put into it on this occasion :oops: :$.

Chris, i kind of like that the light streaks are bumpy. I think it contrasts nicely with the motion blur in the sky, trees etc and lends a kind of nervousness to the atmosphere created. It is a subjective thing of course. And to be honest I was very unsure whether the whole thing actually worked or not.

Like everyone else I love the 1st one. I Like Number 2 also but is great.

These are fun and I'd say that each one works. I don't like watermarks though, ever!

2 and 3 are too much like ordinary bad photography to work *for me*, whereas 1 and 4 stand out as intentional and stronger images.

Chris, i kind of like that the light streaks are bumpy. I think it contrasts nicely with the motion blur in the sky, trees etc and lends a kind of nervousness to the atmosphere created. It is a subjective thing of course. And to be honest I was very unsure whether the whole thing actually worked or not.

Good point, perhaps the nervousness was making me nervous :)

You mentioned loosing the plot- What is the plot?
They are great photos if you are telling a story.
Better get writing.

2 and 3 are too much like ordinary bad photography to work *for me*, whereas 1 and 4 stand out as intentional and stronger images.

Thanks Toni. Now that I have been looking at them a bit longer I tend to agree with you, though I think I will go back to #2 because I still think it has potential.

Also thanks to everyone else for your comments. The feedback is appreciated. Plot? What plot?? :exit: And again apologies for the watermark, though it has it's purpose it wasn't intended for on here! :oops: :$

Plot!

....but it's also creative(y)

Only one i'm not too keen on is two, and that's probably because the others are so good :)

Back