Critique Creatures of my backyard

Name
Koen
Edit My Images
Yes
Lately i am getting more and more into macro.
So i went to my own backyard to get some practice.

Here are some of the shots i made, i would love to get comment on them so i can improve my work.

DSC_0001.JPG

LENS:Tamron AF70-300mm F4-5.6 DI LD Macro 1:2 EXIF:1/160 F/5.6 ISO400 300mm

DSC_0047.JPG

LENS:Tamron AF70-300mm F4-5.6 DI LD Macro 1:2 EXIF:1/400 F/5.6 ISO400 300mm

DSC_0213.JPG

LENS:Tamron AF70-300mm F4-5.6 DI LD Macro 1:2 EXIF:1/400 F/7.1 ISO400 300mm

Nice work Koen and nice a variety of insects in your backyard. All I get in my back garden are ants hahahah, so I have to get mine when out with the dog.

Nice work on all 3, favourite is the 2nd, you seemed to have nailed the focus on its head/eyes. The hopper in the first, seems to have nice focus on its legs. Try for the eyes, always ;)

very good indeed. as Carl says...always focus on the eye, which is easier said than done!

That was what i was trying to do :p
ail for the eye

But its not always easy (wind moves the plant, the animals move, ...)

And the variety of insects, propably because my backyard is like a jungle at the moment (when my 3year old daughter runs in the garden i can barely see her :p )

Number 2 - spot on I'd say.

First - nice, would ideally try and get the anttanae in full, or make them look deliberately cropped out by going in closer.

Sorry - find 3 not good. Focus seems missed and there's some strange blurring going on in the subject head and body for some reason.

That was what i was trying to do :p
ail for the eye

But its not always easy (wind moves the plant, the animals move, ...)

And the variety of insects, propably because my backyard is like a jungle at the moment (when my 3year old daughter runs in the garden i can barely see her :p )
I tend to swear a lot if there's a slight breeze. Unbelievable how much a little wind (paaarrrp) makes so much movement. Near enough impossible, so not knowing it was a winding one, thats a great shot also!

Back