Cricket Cricket!!

Edit My Images
Yes
Just at my aunts pet shop today and thought i would get a few snaps, just of a cricket this one, have a few more reptiles to post later after I have sorted them out. Hope you like.

I focused in the wrong area on the first pic hence its head not as in focus as its middle body. oops lol Should have used a higher F. as well.

Second picture I was aiming for the head only in focus

C+C please :)

cr2.jpg

cr.jpg

Last edited:
Using a canon efs 60mm macro f.2.8 usm

Is a nice lens but I feel I still haven't managed to get it's full potential out of it yet, still fiddling lol

Using a canon efs 60mm macro f.2.8 usm

Is a nice lens but I feel I still haven't managed to get it's full potential out of it yet, still fiddling lol

Ah wicked! I'd love a macro lens. Were those crickets live?

Yes they were walking aroud in the bearded dragons cage lol

I got a few good shots of them and a tortoise and a gecko, am on nights now at the fire station so if I get chance to post I will, if not they will be on tomorrow :)

Yes they were walking aroud in the bearded dragons cage lol

I got a few good shots of them and a tortoise and a gecko, am on nights now at the fire station so if I get chance to post I will, if not they will be on tomorrow :)

Ah wicked! My shot was done using a frozen/defrosted cricket... stops the whole "movement" thing getting in they way :LOL:

No other advice? I'm impatient you know lol :)

Last edited:
As you mentioned, the first one has just missed focus on the head/eye. What aperture did you use ? The second one looks very good.

As you mentioned, the first one has just missed focus on the head/eye. What aperture did you use ? The second one looks very good.

I think it was only set to 8 from what i remember, think it should have been a tad higher and had the head as focus point.

Back