Crisis Averted

Name
Renee
Edit My Images
Yes
First let me say thanks to Matt C. as he got a hysterical call from me.

I logged onto my computer this afternoon and got a no hard drive space message. Which I thought was odd but not too alarming as I knew I needed to weed through some pics. So I got rid of about 1g of pics and other things but my HD space was eaten up again down to nothing in about 10 minutes.

Panic sets in! I've been very naughty and none of my pics are backed up other than the internet low res ones.

Anyway to make a very panic filled 15 minutes shorter. My husband found a 20g text file. I guess my Netgear wireless adapter keeps a log anytime something changes and it got into a glitch and logged the same thing for about 20g worth! It only stopped at 20g because that is all the room I had.

So the moral of the story is back up your photos and netgear sucks!

what i find more disturbing is that you have matt c's phone number....

True I have it left over from when we went to the abby... I don't throw anything away!

Hehe glad to hear youre sorted (y)

Matt aint too bad I suppose. He did send me a pic of a tiger trying to wee on him at chester zoo....Which cheered me up :D

Matt aint too bad I suppose. He did send me a pic of a tiger trying to wee on him at chester zoo....

I bet he was pi**ed off...:D

Matt aint too bad I suppose. He did send me a pic of a tiger trying to wee on him at chester zoo....Which cheered me up :D

did your mother not teach you manners boy? Share!:D

What i find disturbing that your router can write to your hard drive.
I dont think this is right.

What i find disturbing that your router can write to your hard drive.
I dont think this is right.

It is a text file that logs for some reason all incidents with the connection.... well it got stuck in a loop for 20g worth! I've found it on the internet and it seems to be limited to Netgear as a problem. You'd think they'd fix it.

The router or some netgear software you have installed?

The router isn't attached to this machine the wireless adapter thingy (very technical term) thats connects to the router upstairs.

It was a lion you simpleton!

:p

Glad all is well Renee, If I'd had access to the net whilst we were away I would have been more help ;)

LOL I don't have it anymore...It was sent on my phone, which at the time couldnt display media messages, so I had to collect it online....

Back