Critique: Kidwelly Castle

Name
Elliott
Edit My Images
No
So, the plan was to photograph Kidwelly Castle last night lit by Red floodlights. Cadw have lit the majority of their castles in red whilst Wales are still in France.

I got there around 8:45pm which was just in time for golden hour but found that the only side of the castle that was bathed in golden light was impossible to photograph because the other side is all houses and the town. We also had a bit of cloud cover the entire day which I was hoping would add some colourful interest to the sky, but as usual the weather was not in my favour.

I did stick around for a while waiting for the lights to turn on but it seems they only come on when its completely dark and I had to get back home.

Unfortunately this was the best shot of the evening.

20160703194907.jpg by Elliott Coleman, on Flickr

Love the way the walk way leads you into the picture, an the castle looks very imposing.

Large area of blue sky is a bit empty, but not sure how to improve that.

Mind anything in that area would distract from the castle................

Lovely shot overall..

Mj

Love the way the walk way leads you into the picture, an the castle looks very imposing.

Large area of blue sky is a bit empty, but not sure how to improve that.

Mind anything in that area would distract from the castle................

Lovely shot overall..

Mj

Thank you. As I said, I was hoping for some colourful cloud. We had light, part cloud cover the entire day but by the time I got there there wasn't a cloud in sight.:mad:

Very nearly Elliott.

No takers for this great shot,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Did you get into the castle?

Maybe some more photos might spark comment.

Mj:):):)

The composition is great, lovely textures on the bridge, it's just the lack of interest in the sky as others have said

Back