Critique Needed

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
Could do with a bit of feedback regarding this image, its an old image of Glen Nevis, but I've had a play with it and converted to B&W.

Do you guys think it works ?

ScotScenes6.jpg

Cheers

Kris

nice pic m8,
i like the tones

i however feel there is slightly too much forground which detracts from the focal point ? possible a selective crop would help

still a great pic and one i wish i had taken

keep on clickin

MyPix

Hmm, first impressions are that its too dark. Middle right hand side esp. so.

How did you convert it to B&W?

I agree with Vince, too much foreground, detracts from the sky/horizon combo, a crop more like a panorama might improve it, i like the tones though too, gives a feeling of drama

Kris...
I have an idea which might convince people to keep the foreground.

Do you mind if I post an edit?

This one's just too dark all round, for me.

I believe this is one of those landscapes that would look infinitely better in portrait orientation.

This is a quick idea of what i was thinking, and by no means a definative reply to a finished image

ScotScenes6.jpg

MyPix

Steve that brings the foreground to life, much better

Bachs, on the right track but too much processing around dark of sky & around the trees. Great original shot btw, that just needs that small tweak. If I wasn't just leaving for some :beer: :beer: I'd have a play myself (not that it would be any better :grinshake )

Personaly, I think the composition is spot on. It's just the fact that the foreground has no real detail, due to being too dark.

I think is pretty much what was said above!

Bachs edit has helped a lot but I feel it is just a touch noisy now. Somewhere between the two maybe?

Back