Critique On First Shot

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought i would be brave and put my first shot up for Critique :nuts:
Been playing around with new lights and home studio set up so any pointers on where i am going right or wrong would be great (y)

Please be Gentle

I like it nice and unusual pose to...(y)

The only thing for me personally would be to have a little bit more light on her face maybe with a reflector

When I clicked on this I was expecting to see a pretty bad shot due to you title. But I have been pleasantly suprissed. Its a really nice shot with your subject looking happy (Most 1st shot I've seen the subject just looks bored or awkward).

I agree would be nice to get a bit more light on the lower face as the eye area is a little dark, but you know for next time. Or you could have a go in post (Photoshop) on this one.

Not on my usual computer, so it could be that at fault, but looks like WB could be warmed up a touch. Other than that a really lovely shot

A Very Very delightful shot.

Just a little more space around the outside (left & top) edges perhaps?

Love the pose.

Thank you for the good comments glad to see all the hard work is paying off:clap:

I have had a play in Photoshop and think i have warmed it up a bit lol

[URL="url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/58209091@N03/5348623667/]
5348623667_ac3c3318c0_b.jpg
[/url]

I don't think the original needed warming - the new version overcooked it.

The original was 1million times better then I thought it would be from the title - I would think about her pose a little she's squashing her face

Nice shot :clap: Do you mind sharing your setup?

Thank you i use the Elite pro Lencarta 2x300w setup with soft-box and umbrella and white paper background, I have got a lastolite highlite but at the moment prefer the results from paper.

I think it's a very good effort! And a few tweeks next time will be amazing!

Couple of things that I notice,

The main light is coming in to high, resulting in the light being a bit hot on her back and her face a bit shaded, lowering the light would solve this and would put a catch light in her right eye at the same time.

I'm not sure if you cropped this close in camera or cropped this way in post? Either way its a little tight and would benefit from a bit head room to the left and top of the image.

I think the wb is a little warm in the 2nd, I prefer the 1st.

Hope this helps!

Thank you i use the Elite pro Lencarta 2x300w setup with soft-box and umbrella and white paper background, I have got a lastolite highlite but at the moment prefer the results from paper.

Thanks Craig (y)

#1 for me too, you have a stunning little girl there, Craig, great pose and well captured.....an image to savour.
I wish my 3 year old Grandson would stay still for that long
Dave

Back