CRITIQUE ROCKS CORNWALL

IMO it's too close...too tight.

I think you need to take one away - the top one?

Form a kind of "triangle shape" with the three left spin the one with the circle shape round so you can see it better and have that above the other two

Look at the 'Rule of Odds'. We are more comfortable if the objects in a composition are odd numbers. In this case having four rocks just doesn't work, but, try covering the bottom one with your hand on screen and see how the composition immediately improves.

Also, I think I might have had a different back-ground, maybe gravel od small stones?

Last edited:
Look at the 'Rule of Odds'. We are more comfortable if the objects in a composition are odd numbers. In this case having four rocks just doesn't work, but, try covering the bottom one with your hand on screen and see how the composition immediately improves.

Also, I think I might have had a different back-ground, maybe gravel od small stones?

I agree with the background comment, the pebbles are lost amongst, well the pebbles. Her is one I took a while ago.

The rough with the Smooth by SFB579 :), on Flickr

I call this, "The rough with the Smooth". Think about the light on the subject and what you want to show or convey with the shot.

Back