Crop! How or No.

cowasaki

TPer Emeritus
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I went out for Christmas dinner with my wife, mum, dad and granddad today and whilst out I took my camera. As an extra present I wanted to give my mum a framed photo of her dad and this is the best picture I got of him (the camera only came out for about 5 mins!).

Now the frame I am looking at is 10X8 and when I crop this picture to 10X8 my wife and I have had a few disagreements over how to crop it. What are your thoughts? Also colour or black and white?

I had just told him that he was going to be a great great granddad in April :clap:

grgrandad.jpg

Last edited:
It's a nice shot, I like the crop as it is. Post a B+W up and I can compare.

grgrandadbw.jpg

This is the shot in B&W (I have messed with the B&W conversion to give the conversion I like) with a tiny bit of reflection removal around the eyes. I will do a full job of reflection removal before it goes to press.

The problem is that I like the shot as it is but it is the wrong shape for the frame so I need to crop it to fit a 10X8. Do I loose space above, the bottom of the tie or a bit of both. How would others decide!

Last edited:
Colour without reflections and without the window if possible I'd say. The wonky window is too distracting so lose some off the top if you need to change the aspect a bit.

No, not at all. The general consensus seems to be chop the top till it reaches 10x8. I am going to leave it in colour too.

Thanks everyone

Back