cropping large pull's?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
just wondering how you guys process large pulls and keeping the quality decent enough?
Had alot of goals/celes this weekend from wrong end of the pitch, so was wondering whats the best method

Cheers

there is no trick to it.. if the quality of the pic is good enough.. I got a cele the other week and it was diagnal one corner flag to the other... longest shot you can get... it was used full length in back page of local paper.. Its nothing to do wiht PP IMHO

there is no trick to it.. if the quality of the pic is good enough.. I got a cele the other week and it was diagnal one corner flag to the other... longest shot you can get... it was used full length in back page of local paper.. Its nothing to do wiht PP IMHO

Ok so would you suggest as little photoshop as possible to keep the quality there, sometimes think am actually making it worse than better

Sound advice there, at the end of the day these cameras are designed to deliver images of a high enough quality to allow for this to be done. When I use long pulls I just do a little basic editing (sharpen, levels etc), caption and then just send as it comes out after cropping. They might not be the best quality you've ever shot, but papers only care about the story, if a less than exceptional shot tells it best, they'll run with it ahead of technically superior stuff.

I cropped a length of the field shot at the weekend for the papers, it showed to the left of the frame a few players punching the air in delight at scoring the match winning try while 6-7 yards to the right it showed the ref signalling the try was good, that was from about 100 metres away, the picture editor cropped even more just to show the players celebrating.

Back