Cropping Video.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a feeling this is a daft question, but there are no daft questions, right?

I'm no videographer, not even close, but I do have some recent video that I would like to crop.

Question is, is cropping video possible?

Thanks. :)(y)

I believe you can. If you go on you tube and search 'how to crop video' that should throw up plenty of results

what's the original image size? what size are you cropping to? if its the same, you can crop but quality will suffer. more info needed.

You certainly can, that's why most people who output 1080p video still shoot in 4K so they can crop etc.

You certainly can, that's why most people who output 1080p video still shoot in 4K so they can crop etc.

^^^ That's me right there :)

Thanks for the replies, (y)

what's the original image size? what size are you cropping to? if its the same, you can crop but quality will suffer. more info needed.

125Mb MP4 file, approximately 30 seconds of video @ 50 fps. That's all the info I can find in the exif.

I want to crop in to just one area of the video. (y)

It will depend on your software, in Adobe Premiere you want 'scale' effectively zoom in digitally, you can also move the revised framing about and create fake panning movement for example. Also you can directly change the dimensions e.g. you often see that letterbox look though there are various ways to do that.

Back