Crow

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
for some reason i don't see many captures of Crows being posted on any of my forums.
Why this is i don't know, or is it me not noticing!, but i think they are fantastic birds with lovely glossy plumage.
This is a quick capture as i need to keep practicing getting use to controlling the white balance when looking through the viewfinder.

Any advice or suggestion is welcome, but keep it clean!.

Best regards Paul

Yes it is a Jackdaw (a member of the Crow/Corvid family), easily recognisable by the colour of their eyes.

Great shot that is only let down (slightly) by the tail being cropped. That being said, I'd be happy with one like that.

If you shoot RAW you can tweak the white balance if neccessary in PP. Nice shot, heres one I shot last summer.

Img_9134.jpg

Fine shot of a jackdaw.
Crow family is fascinating.

Yay for the corvids, a very clever and beautiful family of birds. I just wish the Jays were a bit bolder and braver.

OOOOOH!!!!!!
is that a Rook? Im never quite sure which is what in the crow family.
Nice capture (y)

Well Glo, i thought it was a Crow, but i was mistaken as it was pointed out to me that it is in fact a Jackdaw.
I just assumed it was a Crow, but looking in my book i can see the difference between them, still an easy mistake by a beginner.

Best regards Paul

Yes it is a Jackdaw (a member of the Crow/Corvid family), easily recognisable by the colour of their eyes.

Great shot that is only let down (slightly) by the tail being cropped. That being said, I'd be happy with one like that.

These are usual very skittish birds, and i count myself lucky to get this capture.

Best regards Paul

If you shoot RAW you can tweak the white balance if neccessary in PP. Nice shot, heres one I shot last summer.

Img_9134.jpg

I will get around eventually to shooting in RAW Ken, its just at the moment i am not that competent in Elements to process from RAW.

Best regards Paul

Fine shot of a jackdaw.
Crow family is fascinating.

Dougie thanks a lot.
They are indeed a very intelligent and clever bird, as is the rest of the family.

I just read that the Jackdaw is the smallest of this family, i don't think i will forget what one looks like.

Best regards Paul

Lovely capture Paul and as mentioned not easy to get decent shots of.

Lovely capture Paul and as mentioned not easy to get decent shots of.

Thanks Rich.
They are reluctant to land anywhere near our garden, but i want to try an idea, that is to throw some stale bread on the roof of the old building at the back of our garden.
This may encourage them to land for long enough for me to get a half decent shot.

Best regards Paul

Back