Crowden Brook

P-E

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Out on a hike yesterday and the early morning mist had just about lifted.

Crowden-Brook.jpg

lovely shot ian, nearly missed it amongst the excited zoo revellers , love the way the hill shoots off up to the right.

gorgeous shot, the scene is enchanting...love the detail. even the fern in the foreground.

Oooh this is nice. I keep meaning to go back to Crowden, I went there with someone else a couple of years ago one cold January afternoon...

How far is it from the YHA Hostel type place, where there's a car park, just off the main road? We parked there and sort of walked up for about 10 minutes to get to the place we were going.

I assume it's the same Crowden.

Thanks Marianne, Steve.(y)

Oooh this is nice. I keep meaning to go back to Crowden, I went there with someone else a couple of years ago one cold January afternoon...

How far is it from the YHA Hostel type place, where there's a car park, just off the main road? We parked there and sort of walked up for about 10 minutes to get to the place we were going.

I assume it's the same Crowden.

Er not sure Marcel:thinking: ........it is on the way up to Kinder Scout.....is it the one you are thinking of?

I'll have to dig out my map, give me 5 minutes :)

I came off the train at Edale, picked up the Pennine way to Upper Booth, then turned up towards Kinder Scout.

That Crowden.

As we came from the south west (Glossop area), get to crowden, and literally turn off the main road, left, into the carpark, and then continue walking North for about 10 minutes or so.

PS, nearly forgot to comment on the shot ;)

Like said, beautiful scene. I too like the inclusion of the fern in the foreground, and the way your eye is dragged from there along the brook past the tree, to the distance hill.

Different one Marcel but not a million miles away.

Thanks all for the feedback(y)

Ahhh my apologies then. I saw Crowden, saw the remoteness of your shot, and saw 'Sheffield' in your location, and put 2+2 together and got 5.

Ahhh my apologies then. I saw Crowden, saw the remoteness of your shot, and saw 'Sheffield' in your location, and put 2+2 together and got 5.

LOL no apology needed:D

Just looked at the map again and the area is called 'Crowden Clough'.......nothing there but sheep;)

This shot is wonderful. It has everything. Lots of atmosphere......well done.

Back