Crummock

Name
Christopher
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone,

I was browsing through some images when I found this picture of Crummock water, taken in December 2007.
I wasn't sure what to do with it and would like some general advice.

Does the composition work?

Does the shore lead your eyes in?

and any other advice?

crummock1.jpg

After looking at this shot,i would say IMO,that your doing just dandy ,it's a belter (y)

Best advice is to hang it on your wall.

Nicely composed, with a good visual lead in and water reflection. Good rich tones.

Sorry I haven't replied sooner, I've been shopping :LOL:

Thanks for the comments!
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas in which this shot could be improved as I tend to go for the same composition time after time.

Are you running out of wall space then :LOL:

In that particular shot, shooting from a lower perspective would have lost the reflection whilst gaining just blue sky. Nothing really in the immediate fg to catch your attention

Ideally, shooting from a higher perspective would have made more of the reflection - at the expense of the sky - that imo would improve the image. However only you know if you could have got any higher.

Tom

Looks a tiny bit oof to me-but a great shot. Maybe a little camera shake i dont know.

To try new composition get down really low and include some foreground interest like the rock in the water with a different perspective.

Very nice otherwise.

Are you running out of wall space then :LOL:

In that particular shot, shooting from a lower perspective would have lost the reflection whilst gaining just blue sky. Nothing really in the immediate fg to catch your attention

Ideally, shooting from a higher perspective would have made more of the reflection - at the expense of the sky - that imo would improve the image. However only you know if you could have got any higher.

Tom

Thanks Tom, I'll try that out next time :)

digitalmaniac said:
Looks a tiny bit oof to me-but a great shot. Maybe a little camera shake i dont know.

I did have it hand held so there might be some camera shake!

I always need to remember to take a tripod :bonk::LOL:

Although the framing is good and the blue goes well, i find the light slightly harsh in this one, if you don`t mind me saying so.

Yes, I think I agree with you, I'll see if I can alter it slightly - thanks for the comment (y)

Back