Review Crumpler Pretty Boy XL Camera Bag first impressions

Edit My Images
Yes
After a lot of suggestions yesterday I ended up with a Crumpler bag for my 300D + 28-135mm + 50mm lenses.

It looks like this -

1322767431_ed96f9cae8.jpg

The quality of the fabric is as good as any lowepro bag I've had. The stitching seems to be pretty good. Well put together.

There is a big flap that covers the opening and comes down the front of the bag. It opens up like this -

1322768039_efa0cd642d.jpg

It is fastened using 2 big velrco patches and a big sturdy clip. There is no zip to seal the bag, so dust might be an issue. The lid, so to speak, overlaps well so only persistent dust / water would be worrying.

At the front of the bag is a pouch for bits. I put a memory card, 2 batteries & cases for my filters in ok.

1323662524_5f250809ea.jpg

In the main compartment there is a separator that velcros to the inside, so you can adjust the spacing. The inner lining is nice and soft, kind to your camera ;)

1322769505_dc2a6143f6.jpg

1323663908_d028e38c17.jpg

It is smaller than I'd expected, but about the right size for my gear. With the zoom lens attached the camera just sits in nicely pointing down. There is not much room to get your hands in if the body is at the bottom.

With the bag loaded up it sits nicely on the shoulder, and feels comfortable.

It is a compromise, as I don't think it would stand up to a lot of water or very dusty conditions. However, as a day to day bag to cart your gear around on holiday I think it will do well. And it looks good ;)

Thanks for the review, as I'm considering a crumpler to look cool and be down wid da kids... Well no actually, just don't want a camera bag that has got a neon light saying 'Camera bag, expensive goods inside, resellerble on e-bay as unwanted gift'!
Think I may go for the XXL or the XXXL, would love to see some internal pictures, but thanks to Spitfire1942, i've got a much better idea now.

One site out of dozens :p
You got more then? I'm after some pics of the Crumpler Daily 490 or 600.

And yes, I'm rubish at searching

Think I may go for the XXL or the XXXL, would love to see some internal pictures

Im uming and arring about whether to order the XXXL or not. Im pretty sure i will, so when i do, i'll stick a review up to help make your decision :)

I have a nice bright orange crumpler XXL, cn fit quite a bit in there, although I only have my camera, the 300mm lens and my little 18-70mm lens. Will take a pic with my compact if the batteries are charged although it's pretty much the same as Spitfire's

Any comments on wearing something like this for the whole day? Does it remain comfortable after carrying a whole load of gear, or would you suggest that it would be better suited to short term usage?

Nice review, I've just picked up the same bag and use it for my Sony A55 with a sigma 18-250 super zoom lens attached. Also have a quickstrap attatched, minolta 50mm ,spare battery and lumix tz65. The bag is very well made and doesn't shout "expensive camera" .

Back