CS 3 - Am I really stupid or Duped?

Name
STEVE WINN
Edit My Images
Yes
I BOUGHT A COPY OF C3 3 A WHILE BACK AS A GENUINE COPY FROM A THIRD PARTY. I REGISTERED IT AND HAD UPDATES ETC, FOR A YEAR ITS BEEN FINE. NO ISSUES. PURCHASED ADD ONS HAVE WORKED FINE WITH IT TOO.

SUDDENLY IT NOW COMES UP WITH YOUR 30 DAY TRIAL HAS ENDED AND YOU NEED TO PURCHASE THE SERIAL NUMBER ETC ETC.

I HAVE SPOKEN TO APPLE AS BEST I CAN AND THEY CONFIRM MY DETAILS ETC BUT STATE MY SERIAL NUMBER THAT I HAVE A COPY OF THE E-MAIL CONFIRMING REGISTRATION, IS NOT VALID AND I NEED TO PURCHASE A NEW ONE. I DON'T WANT TO RESORT TO GETTING A CRACK AND BEING STUCK WITH AN UN UPDATEABLE COPY, MY PURCHASED ADD ONS DON'T WORK NOW EITHER. I ASSUME WHEN MY COMPUTER HAS AUTOMATICALLY UPDATED ITSELF VIA WINDOWS VISTA, SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT? AM I BEING DENSE? AM I STUFFED TO PURCHASING A NEW COPY AS I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WITH A CORPORATE CODE OR IS ANYONE FROM APPLE READING THIS AND CAN EMPLOY SOOME COMMON SENSE

I think your problem lies with the third party who it seems may have sold you a pirate copy, time to dig deep if you want to replace it, or try Elements to see if it will fill your needs.

Had a similar problem with Win XP Pro a few years back, bought what I thought was the genuine article from a high ranked on google online shop. Everything about it looked kosher, disc, case, booklets and notices, even the serial sticker and it worked for months until MS brought in the genuine advantage thing. Turns out it was pirated and the 'shop' I bought it from dissapeared.

You are stuffed, it's the dark side or pay up.

Go back to who you bought it from and demand your money back

Report them to Trading Standards for piracy.

Oh, the noise! The noise! :shake:

Look like you got a copy from the third party seller.

I would give elements a try. Having just moved from a pirated CS3 on my winXP to a retail Elements 8 on my MAC I can safely say that elements has all you need unless you do some VERY sophisticated manipulation.

Agree with the rest unfortunately, its likely you purchased a fake copy and not a genuine.......

You have two options, buy a new licence or try and speak to adobe

Yep, looks like I have been duped, although I was under the impression people could sell there genuine copy along with licence to others ie me.

Caps lock not broken, don't know why I did that?

Hope my genuine add ons stay with me after I purchase my new copy of Adobe something

People can sell genuine copies of software if they are no longer using it. There is a facility on the adobe website to transfer a licence.

Back