CS2 on E-Bay

I have to agree here, locking a thread because it was discussing piracy is lunacy. By those standards I can't say I think piracy is wrong because it would be thought dubious.

you can talk about it, but any links or discussion on where to get it will be removed for the simple reason that warez is not allowed on this server, not our rules, the host rules, we have to abide by that!

Sorry if you think locking the other thread was a tad harsh, we do generally get the moderation right here, cant get it right all the time though, anyway, it was marcels fault, i told him to do it :)

Matty said:
Sorry if you think locking the other thread was a tad harsh, we do generally get the moderation right here, cant get it right all the time though, anyway, it was marcels fault, i told him to do it :)

What he said :)

Matty said:
you can talk about it, but any links or discussion on where to get it will be removed for the simple reason that warez is not allowed on this server, not our rules, the host rules, we have to abide by that!

Links to Warez... :confused- .........come on this is a link to one of the biggest internet sites around, the talk was about E-Bay. Who's decision is it to decide what is legal on E-Bay and what isn't ???

What risk is presented to this web site by talking about or linking to E-Bay ????

That sounds fine, by all means chop out any links to iffy software. Mind you if you take the rule seriously you shouldn't be allowing any links to eBay since they are swamped with the...erm...unmentionable ;)

Steep said:
That sounds fine, by all means chop out any links to iffy software. Mind you if you take the rule seriously you shouldn't be allowing any links to eBay since they are swamped with the...erm...unmentionable ;)

Agreed ....but what's going to come from basically calling E-Bay a Warez sit ???

Probably as much as discussing the items E-Bay have for sale - Legal or not....

Mr THX said:
Links to Warez... :confused- .........come on this is a link to one of the biggest internet sites around, the talk was about E-Bay. Who's decision is it to decide what is legal on E-Bay and what isn't ???

What risk is presented to this web site by talking about or linking to E-Bay ????

you would be surprised how quick it can turn into a thread about warez, as i said, chat about it, but anything unsuitable will be removed.:thumb:

Read my post again, i did actually say sometimes we make mistakes....;)

Matty said:
you would be surprised how quick it can turn into a thread about warez,...

Very true...I was going to put in my post the cheek of people charging for illegal copies of S/W that can be downloaded for nothing..... albeit still illegally. Of course, I would not discuss where or post any links.

DJW said:
Very true...I was going to put in my post the cheek of people charging for illegal copies of S/W that can be downloaded for nothing..... albeit still illegally. Of course, I would not discuss where or post any links.

hmm, i sell software on ebay, and its not warez, its a firmware fix to make dvd recorders region free, which isnt illegal or promoting anything illegal ,

the file is one of my best sellers and peeps are getting a good deal, however, as you stated, it is avaiable from other sources for free, but is it my fault these peeps cant/wont spend hours searching the web for a file that might not exist, but see one up for sale on ebay that does work perfectly,,,,

its not a scam , and i'm not shuving it down peeps throats, if peeps dont want it, they can leave it alone.......if it dont sell , its me that has lost money with listing fee's...this is my atitude to anything sold on ebay...

MyPix:getmecoat

Mr THX said:
Sorry but how come its OK for E-Bay to sell a product but not Ok for us to talk about it ???

http://www.thephotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5174

Its not OK. The seller is breaking the law. If you buy pirated software from them, then you're breaking the law too. Its that simple, but the bottom line is, eBay A) Don't know if nobody tells them - ads placed are not moderated, and B) Don't care anyway.

I was looking for a copy of 3D Studio Max Bible on there a few years ago, and stumbled across someone selling 3D Studio Max 5, Lightwave 7, and Maya, on one CD for £50. I reported it to eBay - they replied saying there was no evidence that the software was illegal. Other than the fact that each title is produced by three different companies, totals over £6,000 if purchased legally and have never EVER been shipped legally all on the same CD. Go figure...

At the end of the day, most people know there's some very dodgy gear on eBay. I think the point is, the moderators and site hosts don't want us advertising that fact and effectively supporting it by rail-roading would-be warezers to eBay, or anywhere else that hasn't yet grasped the concept of 'theft'.

I think I should never have opened up this can of worms :D

MyPix: very resourceful. If people can't be bothered to find and download this stuff themselves then why shouldn't you provide a service to them :) There is a difference between this and the illegal s/w that is available on there, that sort of stuff just shouldn't be there.

DJW: Agree it shouldn't be on there, Ebay should be doing more to remove these items and perma-banning the sellers.

I was lucky enough to pick up a kosher copy of Photoshop 6 for a fraction of the price and was then able to upgrade it to CS. My (albeit naive) thought was that there may well have been a bargain copy of CS2 to be had (maybe an import of some sort) amongst the illegal stuff. Ebay is not what it used to be :(

GFK has firmly nailed the lid on this now I think.

Mypix....did you write the firmware that enables region free? If not it's someone elses interlectual property and distribution of it without the owners consent is very much illegal. Much the same as someone selling one of your photos as their own.

If you did write it, kewl :cool: and i'll stfu :whistle2:

Venomator said:
Sorry chaps ... but can I be the 'ttt' - thread total thicky ?

Warez ???

Warez is a generic name for ripped-off software.

Don't click on any links for warez sites as they will fill your screen with a never ending supply of pr0n popups.

mrgubby said:

Don't click on any links for warez sites as they will fill your screen with a never ending supply of pr0n popups.

Thank you kind sir ! Appreciated. :thumb:

And thanx for the hu tip too ! :smilenod:

mrgubby said:

Good one, Grubby! That'll put 'em off! ;)

Looking for no-cd hacks for the kids games (stops the little sods from destroying the CDroms) I've ventured onto the warez sites and had to turn the monitor off very quickly to avoid the kids asking what that lady was doing with that :banana:

Stay away from Warez , they be bad :nunu:

Back