CS3 Keyboard Shortcut help required?

Name
Damian Brown
Edit My Images
No
This may not be possible... but hopefully it is.

I would like a keyboard shortcut for a batch process. Ie.. Automate>Batch> a particular batch process i run. It's easy to set this up for an action but I can't quite see how to do it for a batch.. any takers?

Thanks. Prize to the winner.

This web site has downloadable PDF's containing all the keyboard shortcuts for Photoshop 5 through to CS4 :)

Not sure that'll answer my question but it's a very useful document, will re check it to see if it's the one I've got

If you're using a Mac you can do this using a tool called quicksilver and create a custom action for it.

Can't quite follow how that would work? It's not the app launcher quicksilver is it?

Call off the search! I have officially missed a trick. I am very capable of making actions.. in fact the batch process I was looking to make easy to trigger, was in fact an action.. now.. why did i not try the following before?? :

Create new action > Assign hotkey (F9 in this case) > Select automate- Batch... > Choose the action.. et voila. Stop record.. sorted.

For the kind ones who answered.. my tip is this.. well, what works for me..

On every image I open I like to have the following layers ready .. levels, curves, color balance, hue and laurie, sorry.. saturation. The first two get visited on pretty much every image.. the other two not so often but it's good to have it ready.

So I'd open a selection of images in acr.. they'd open nicely in cs3. I'd go to automate batch process and run that first action on every image.. so then i have those 4 layers ready to work on for each image.. that takes seconds. Now it takes less :) F9 and go!

Not sure if this has been posted before, but if you want to learn PS keyboard shortcuts have a look at this rap.

Just a quickie, but if you have say X amount of Studio Images, that you run Y action on why not just batch process them via Bridge? :shrug:

Personally I haven't finished with the images after the first batch process and they aren't in a state I want to save them in. I guess if i'm saving them as psd's anyway then it doesn't hurt. Maybe setting all the images off on a batch process for that first bit would save a little time at no expense. If the PC would even like that extra load. Hmmm one to ponder :)

I suggested it DB, predominately because you can save them however you like PSD/TIFF/JPEG afaik and it gives all the images the base to work on. It'll save time on the work-flow too. :)

Thanks a lot, I shall be giving it a try! Any little helps cut the workflow down :) Thank you :)

Back