CS3 Scratch Disk

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I have CS3 on a Mac, and it keeps coming on saying scratch disk is full and i cant open any more pictures nor can i play any actions.

Is there a way to increase the size of this disk?

Matt

The scratch disk is just CS3's term for the temporary storage it uses. In the options you can set which hard drive is used for the scratch disk, it sounds like whichever disk is selected it's full.

I've put a 10Gb partition on one of my hard drives and nothing else uses it except CS3 for a scratch disc..avoids this type of problem.

Bob

Well i am using a laptop and the HD isnt exactly massive.

Anyone care to tell me how i may partition s small portion and set the scratch disk to it?

Hi

It is also possible to get the "scratch disk is full" error, even if the scratch disk drive has free space. This is because Photoshop requires contiguous, unfragmented free space on the scratch disk drive. If you are getting the "scratch disk is full" error message and your scratch disk drive does show a good amount of free space, you may need to run a disk defragmentation utility.

Is there any way to free up the space that it has already been allocated?

I think you can set a folder and assign that to the scratch disk, effectlivly does the same thing as creating a partition for it.

I think you can set a folder and assign that to the scratch disk, effectlivly does the same thing as creating a partition for it.

Wouldn't the potential size of the folder shrink as the rest of the drive fills up?
Using a partition essentially sets a region that nothing else can use.

Bob

yeah bob you are right, But using a folder is lot less potentially destructive than trying to add a partition to an exsisting drive (can be done without losing data but is always risky) as a safer solution

Back