CS4 - no document window!

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone advise. I have recently installed CS4. When I open it or if I import a photograph from Lightroom the screen I see has the menu bar and tools bar along the top, the tool palette down the L side, and the palettes down the R side (all as expected) but no document window, but instead a large space showing my desk top or any other programme that I have open! :(

Anyone come across this before or have any idea how I can sort it?

It would normally look like that with no object window but you state that it is still like that when you have opened something. Could the window be mostly off the screen?

It would normally look like that with no object window but you state that it is still like that when you have opened something. Could the window be mostly off the screen?

Thanks for reply.

Hadn't realised as am used to Elements where the grey document window is opague. However, when I import the photograph does not fill the document window, most of which is still filled by Lightroom, the programme from which i have imported the image.
Any ideas how to deal with that?

Open the navigator window and increase the document size.

Try opening <Window> then choose <Workspace> then <default> should reset your workspace as it was when installed. When you have your menus how you like them you can save your workspace and it will be just how you like it.

Try opening <Window> then choose <Workspace> then <default> should reset your workspace as it was when installed. When you have your menus how you like them you can save your workspace and it will be just how you like it.

Thanks for your advice. For some reason the workspace that I described is exactly as it was when I installed the software.

I have used navigate to enlarge the image and dragged the edges so that the full document window is filled with the image and surrounding grey background. I have saved the workspace, but every time I open a new image it goes back to the original I described and I have to go through the same process all over again! :help:

Yes - presume it makes a difference?

It does!

To make the Mac version of CS4 look like the Windows version (with all the background covered), go to WINDOWS then down near the bottom click APPLICATION FRAME... that should do it!

Back