CSCC Anglesey

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Another great race meeting for the Classic Sports Car Club, this time at Anglesey - yes it's a long way for one day BUT what a truly terrific circuit, rain held off till the end of the day and we even had some blue sky and sunshine to start with.
Nice variety of motors as usual. All taken with the 1d mk4 and the 70-200 2.8 mk2.

#1 - tight grouping after a safety car outing
1/250, f/8, iso 100, 200mm
A-30-06-12-0789-L.jpg

#2 - talk about mixing it up
1/250, f/9, iso 100, 200mm
A-30-06-12-0200-L.jpg

#3 - loved this Ginetta although didn't see it out after qualifying
1/320, f/9, iso 100, 182mm
A-30-06-12-0284-L.jpg

#4 - Weather creeping in from the mountains
1/320, f/6.3, iso 100, 200mm
A-30-06-12-0592-L.jpg

#5 - Triumph playing with the Lotus Consul
1/125, f/5, iso 100, 200mm
A-30-06-12-1117-L.jpg

#6 - Alfa looked stunning in the sunlight
1/250, f/9, iso 100, 168mm
A-30-06-12-0323-L.jpg

Full gallery HERE if you fancy wasting a bit of time.

Thanks for looking, comments as always appreciated.

.DAVID.

Nice photos

#4 brings in the remoteness of the circuit...like it.
#5 don't normally see a front wheel up instead of the rear!
#1 doesn't do anything for me....
#3 could crop to just the first 2 cars maybe?

I'd love to get the circuit one day....it's only 1 of 3 i've never been too (Croft and Snetterton being the others!)

Thanks DB.

#1 is a bit static to say the least, I was having a nightmare due to the wind off the cliffs and ended up ramping the shutter speed up to 1/320 just to get some keepers - oh it was fun lol

#3 I did do a crop of just the Ginetta - what do you think - better?
A-30-06-12-0285-L.jpg

main reason I left both the Anglia and the mini in the shot was the next lap or so they both went off and didn't even get to finish qualifying - just a real shame I had none of the Anglia as the main subject (other than the back of the recovery truck).

.DAVID.

PS: and yes you should make the effort it is one of my favourite circuits with no high fencing at all, just keep an eye on the forecast and wear a hat no matter what - if you don't get sunburnt you will get wind burn

Last edited:
Just the Ginneta is too close a crop I think, doesnt show the flow of the corner

Got ya - thank you for that and I see exactly what you mean.

.DAVID.

Nice shots it was a great days racing the white anglia in shot 3 ended up rolling after being clobbered by the mini behind him

Thanks Alan,

did wander when I turned around and caught these two shots

A-30-06-12-0309-L.jpg

A-30-06-12-0310-L.jpg

Then seeing the Anglia come in on the loader I just couldn't suss what happened as the damage seemed mainly on the offside on both cars yet it's a left hand bend.

mini in the background def came out better
A-30-06-12-0312-L.jpg

MAIN THING - they all went home in one piece.

.DAVID.

A great days racing, and some fantastic shots! I was there in the Tin Tops race - Integra #3 :)

The Mini / Anglia happened on the run up towards rocket (My friend in the green 2002 BMW was watching it all unfold behind them), the Mini dived up the inside and the Anglia must have not seen him. The Anglia turned in, his front wheel hit the Minis front wheel and the Anglia rolled twice before finishing up on its wheels. Unfortunate incident as it happened on the first or second lap of qualifying during a 30 min session :(

Last edited:
is that anglesey race circuit? :) Im there in August for Modified Live, should get some great shots. Japfest2 this weekend! :)

Carl - sorry I missed your reply / question.

yes it's THE Anglesey circuit, you will love it no matter what the weather.

.DAVID.

Back