CSI - Nikon product placement?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

As a regular CSI watcher, I've always wondered what cameras they are supposed to be using, but they always 'hide' just enough to be hard to recognise.

In last night's episode, the Nikon was so obvious and shown so often it had to be deliberately 'placed' so as to be seen; as was the Dell laptop.

Anyone else spot similar placements instead of advertising in the regular way?

Anyone think of a suitablely daft placement type?

Gandhi said:
yeah, '24' officially sponsored by Dell. apparently.

And Cisco;)

To be fair though, most Government departments in the UK and US issue Dell notebooks, so it could be argued that it's just being accurate.
Most Military, Police, and Law Enforcement Agencies in the UK and overseas also issue Nikon kit, so again just being technically correct.
No-one argues about accuracy or product placement when the cops pull out Glock pistols or HK MP-9 sub-machine guns - that's what the Police Forces issue.

Yeah I noticed the Nikons on CSI. Also saw a D200 on Hollyoaks tonight

Personally I'd like to see more cameras on telly - what infuriates me is the actors never look like they know one end of the camera from another - esp those using older m/f cameras - they never focus the lens! Aaaargh!
At least with CSI, someone's finally gotten round to showing the actors how to use the kit and to actually look like they might be taking a photo.

CSI is great :)

Speaking of the product placement, CSI, 24, Numb3rs (US Show) and West Wing all seem to use the same kit. Cisco phones, Dell laptops, Motorola flip phones, Surefire Flashlights, Nikon Cameras etc etc.

Im a bit of a 24 addict, so when the chance came for me to build a Voice over IP solution for work, we got Cisco kit and have both 24 ringtones :LOL:

LOVE CSI!!!!

and i think the main cameras they use are D100's

D100's are the weapon of choice for most Police SOCO's in the UK, but surprise, surprise, they all have CSI on the back of theier Noddy suits now as well. Sounds sexier than SOCO, I guess...

Back