CSWS - A lighthearted thread for photographers with Classified Section Withdrawal Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a discussion thread for all the gear heads and addicted G.A.S (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) people to confess there sins and tell the world their stories of woe and hair pulling, of not being able to speak with like minded photographic shopaholics since the new ruling has come into place.
Lets Start:

My name is Michael and i am unable to post in the "Classifieds" it has been one week since my last confession, please someone, forgive me my sins. I might even have to venture away from the PC to use some of the gear that i have purchased from the forum within the last few years, i think i can remember which end of the camera to look through to take some pictures, but it will be a tough assignment to give myself to re-learn all about the values of photography again, after so long (and of course, post about my experience of new-found enlightenment of "seeing the light" to others on this forum) :clap:

Whilst you are in the dark confessional, you could do a spot of processing of those films you didn't get around to doing whilst being a keyboard warrior! Could be a nice sideline for churches with reducing congregations. The font might make a good film bath too. ;)

My position is that I have to come up with about 700 posts before I am allowed back into the Classifieds section, so not much chance of that happening any day soon !

I am, of course, not too unhappy. I have in the past purchased from:

• Real UK shops, most are fantastic, have had great service from lots including - Harrisons, LCE, Mifsuds, Castle Cameras, Park Cameras and Fixation and also from MPB who I think are excellent;
  • Websites - have also bought and sold on AVForums, Birdforum and other equipment-dedicated websites;
  • Overseas - have had excellent service from Panamoz, Dig Rev and even Simply Electronics.

The only place I have never tried is, weirdly, evilbay.

Like many here, I do like to chop and change and to play with new gear, all for fun, of course and NEVER for profit.

Bottom line is I think that the 50% rule is completely, utterly and totally arbitrary, why not 90% or 10% ?, and banning people like me (us ?) from the Classifieds here on TP is pointless.But then someone else owns this forum so he/she can do what they want.

At the end of the day, there are lots of places to go when the GAS cravings appear; see above.

Off to admire some "great shots" ......

Last edited:
Bottom line is I think that the 50% rule is completely, utterly and totally arbitrary, why not 90% or 10% ?, and banning people like me (us ?) from the Classifieds here on TP is pointless.

Why is 50/50 so annoying to you?

Admin decided (a long time ago) it wanted at least half of what you do on the forum to be outside the classifieds, it seems eminently sensible. Also, how else other than exclusion would you suggest the rule is enforced?

Most things are!

My name is Nod and I suffer from GAS. Bad GAS!!! So bad that I have actually banned myself from the classifieds section of the forum by shrinking it. For a while, earlier this year, that function was disabled and it cost me a few quid since I could see bargains as I scrolled down through the post list and got sucked in. I suppose I could use the classifieds to sell some of my old, semi-redundant kit but I can't bring myself to part with any of it!

I just don't like being told what I can and can't see.

Was only a matter of time I suppose before those upset with the (perfectly reasonable which is now automated but not new) system started a whine thread in OOF :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back