Culdrose Airday 2009

RVF

Name
Giles
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok folks, this is my first time posting my photo's, so here goes :eek:
The day wasn't the best of days....it threw it down for most of it & the aircraft only really took to the skys for the last 1 - 1 1/2hrs of the day. It was a mostly cloudy day too. Not the best of days for what was basically my first airshow :|
1, 2 & 3 have had some PP in Lightroom, 4 & 5 are straight from the camera.

DSC_0484a.jpg

DSC_0499d.jpg

DSC_0531c.jpg

DSC_0515.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

C & C welcome please:)

Well shot for your first airshow i'd say.

Crit would be try to get a tighter crop next time...:)

Well shot for your first airshow i'd say.

Crit would be try to get a tighter crop next time...:)

Thanks (y)
I presume by tighter crop you mean at the PP stage?
As they were at the limit of the lens the next step will be to get a longer zoom.....which is on the cards, just researching which one to get atm :thinking: :D

damn good for a first go i reckon :)

Was planning on attending this myself but had to cancel due to work commitments.

Wanted to test my new lens out on the day too! I'm also a newbie but you've got some great shots

I can vouch for the Noah Ark esque weather conditions. Gutted that the day was ruined for you! But hey, at least at it was free :D

shot 3 for me :)

Thanks again folks, much appreciated (y)

We've got our Regatta here in Dartmouth at the end of this month & there are air displays for 4 of the days including the BBMF & the Reds :D

http://www.dartmouthregatta.co.uk/airshow9.html

Time's running out as atm I'm wrestling with the idea of treating myself to a Sigy 70 - 200 f2.8 to replace my current Nik 55 - 200 :thinking:

Thanks again folks, much appreciated (y)

We've got our Regatta here in Dartmouth at the end of this month & there are air displays for 4 of the days including the BBMF & the Reds :D

http://www.dartmouthregatta.co.uk/airshow9.html

Time's running out as atm I'm wrestling with the idea of treating myself to a Sigy 70 - 200 f2.8 to replace my current Nik 55 - 200 :thinking:

if it is anything like sunderland airshow which is over the sea , 200 mm will be way too short apart from the large stuff , i struggled with 300 mm on a 1.6 crop :cautious:

I don't think it'll be too bad as it's held down the river so you can either watch from on the river, the bank/embankment or the hillsides of Dartmouth or Kingswear.

Here's one I took of the Red's a few years ago from the hillside of Dartmouth with an 18 - 70 at the 70mm end of the zoom (it was the only lens I had at the time)

DSC_2233.jpg

I don't think it'll be too bad as it's held down the river so you can either watch from on the river, the bank/embankment or the hillsides of Dartmouth or Kingswear.

Here's one I took of the Red's a few years ago from the hillside of Dartmouth with an 18 - 70 at the 70mm end of the zoom (it was the only lens I had at the time)

DSC_2233.jpg

That is a stunning shot, well done :clap::clap::clap:.

Back