Cumbria butterflies

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Another cross-country trip for me on Wednesday, this time to Arnside Knott. I was hoping to see High Brown Fritillary, but was unlucky! There were good numbers of butterflies about (and lots of ticks :eek:!), and a visit to this beautiful part of the UK is never a wasted journey.

Lake District from Arnside Knott by Dave O'B, on Flickr
Looking north towards the Lake District. This was just a grab shot taken with my phone to give an idea of the scenery. No need to critique this one!

Gatekeeper (Pyronia tithonus), male. by Dave O'B, on Flickr

Gatekeeper (Pyronia tithonus) by Dave O'B, on Flickr

Grayling (Hipparchia semele) by Dave O'B, on Flickr

Grayling (Hipparchia semele) by Dave O'B, on Flickr

Holly Blue (Celastrina argiolus) by Dave O'B, on Flickr

Cheers,

Dave

Thats a lovely set there and the 2nd shot of the Gatekeeper is a B I G W o W with me, superbe detail but all great shots though except that 1st one ;)

Some lovely colour and detail on them images.
I know what you mean about the ticks, I was there on Thursday, did the walk from Arnside around the headland and then up the to the knott. We sprayed ourselves with the old jungle formula and ten minutes later I had two ticks sliding down my leg!......horrible things.

First Gatekeeper shot is a belter (y) detail down to individual hairs is superb.
Took a look on flick to see you use identical gear to myself,just reminds me I must get out more :facepalm:

Clive

Thanks everyone!

Thats a lovely set there and the 2nd shot of the Gatekeeper is a B I G W o W with me, superbe detail but all great shots though except that 1st one ;)

It's not that bad surely! ;)

Some lovely colour and detail on them images.
I know what you mean about the ticks, I was there on Thursday, did the walk from Arnside around the headland and then up the to the knott. We sprayed ourselves with the old jungle formula and ten minutes later I had two ticks sliding down my leg!......horrible things.

I have a nice collection of bites on my arms and legs :eek:!

First Gatekeeper shot is a belter (y) detail down to individual hairs is superb.
Took a look on flick to see you use identical gear to myself,just reminds me I must get out more :facepalm:

Clive

This is a fantastic set-up for fine detail. I spend as much of my spare time as I can out with mine.

Cheers,

Dave

Back