Curbar Edge Derbyshire

Name
Anthony
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon folks. I went along to Derbyshire on Thursday to shoot some landscapes. As per the title it was a place called Curbar Edge. I am just getting round to looking through them now, testing out lightroom 2 for the first time.

Below is one of the images that caught my eye as i looked through the images i had taken.

Let me know what you think.

IMG_4368.jpg

Thanks

Anthony

Okey kokey, i like the general feel of this shot, mainly because it looks like my stomping ground (East Lancashire, West Yorkshire)

Ill add some crit, feel free to ignore it, i dont know what makes a good or bad landscape shot, and ive never tried my hand at them, so, you can safely say its better than anything i have ever done.

It seems a little dark on my screen.. The foreground blur is a little distracting, there are no natural lines that lead your eyes thru the shot, there isnt really enough detail in any area to act as a focal point, the clouds are a little flat.

Thats much better than the first one you posted, the colours in the foreground and extra detail they add to the background are of huge benefit. Also the blue tones bring out much needed detail in the otherwise flat sky.

Definitely the colour one - the heather is completely lost in the b/w one. The sky is better in the colour one too. Altogether a much better image. :)

Nicely exposed - I prefer the colour version . .
On the negative side I think this shot would benefit from a little more foreground interest - a fence, gate or even a rock . . .

Prefer the colour version, very nice tones in the foreground

What's the darkening on the whole of the right hand side ? Vignetting.

I'd crop it out.

Much prefer the colour. It's a shame to loose the lovely colours of the heather and I like the stormy sky with the greens.

What's the darkening on the whole of the right hand side ? Vignetting.

I'd crop it out.

It is vignetting, its an effect i added in lightroom, i quite liked it at the time but im not so sure now.

defiantly the colour version for me (y) might be tempted to lose a little sky off the top though :)

Thats much better than the first one you posted, the colours in the foreground and extra detail they add to the background are of huge benefit. Also the blue tones bring out much needed detail in the otherwise flat sky.

Much prefer the colour. It's a shame to loose the lovely colours of the heather and I like the stormy sky with the greens.

On the b&w vs colour side of things, im pretty sure now i made a mistake converting it away from colour. I agree now that the colour image is the stronger version. I have had a bit of a thing recently for b&w images and i think it just got the better of me here :bang:

Thanks for all the comments so far (y)

Back