Curlew up-close

Edit My Images
No
Curlew numbers are starting to build up on my local patch. This one has just been foraging in the mud for ragworm.
I snapped this one while out for a cycle ride yesterday. 7D + 400/5.6 hand held - thanks for looking

curlew3-3.jpg

Excellent shot, nicely oof background - really makes it pop out

Nice shot Roy (y)

You got back to bird shooting pretty quick ;)

Yes I know Bob, I picked up a little second hand 400/5.6 which I can take with me when I go for a bike ride. This shot was taken from the Tarka trail off Anchor woods (just below you) where they come in pretty close at times.

Last edited:
Yes I know Bob, I picked up a little second hand 400/5.6 which I can take with me when I go for a bike ride. This shot was taken from the Tarka trail off Anchor woods (just below you) where they come in pretty close at times.

Down there the other day Roy on the hunt of a pair of Oyster cathers, tide was wrong and just could not get close enough in fact I think they were playing with me :LOL:;)

Super detail being shown Roy not only on the plummage but the mud on the bill, some probing going on there.

Di

Well turned out Roy (y) Hope you kept your feet out of the mud :D

Love this shot. The plumage detail is superb. I need to get down to the coast at some point and watch some waders.

That is a super shot hand held Roy beautiful bird.

Bill

Hes gone in deep Roy,nice image

nice shot, great detail!

Excellent shot, nicely oof background - really makes it pop out

Lovely shot.

Nice shot Roy (y)

Lovely shot Roy and the new lens seems to be sitting well in your experienced hands sir (y)
John

very nice...mark

Very nice Roy, good to see you shooting more birds.

Super detail being shown Roy not only on the plummage but the mud on the bill, some probing going on there.

Di

Brilliant shot. Not an easy bird to get close too.

Dai

Great shot, superb detail!

Well turned out Roy (y) Hope you kept your feet out of the mud :D

Love this shot. The plumage detail is superb. I need to get down to the coast at some point and watch some waders.

lovely clear shot Roy

That is a super shot hand held Roy beautiful bird.

Bill

Nice to see the master back...

Thank you for commenting Guys I appreciate it (y)

Great shot. Nice detail there

Great image Roy!
Those Ragworms don't stand a chance!

Back