Custom Harley

Name
Eleanor
Edit My Images
Yes
This is 'Nessie', a custom Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide.

She is currently for sale, so I took some photos for her online classified listing.

She has a rough-around-the-edges look (bit of rust etc.) which is part of her appeal, and we didn't try and hide this/gloss over it.

Constructive comments welcomed. :)

More photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lifeahoy/sets/72157635460345623

IMG_9673 by lifeahoy, on Flickr

IMG_9642 by lifeahoy, on Flickr

I love Harleys aka 'Hogs' and this one is particularly stylish in an understated kind of way.

I like the atmosphere of the first shot but prefer the second shot photographically.

I don't see how anyone can find fault with these and so criticise them even constructively. What's not to like?

best constructive thing i can say is sell the harley and buy a jap bike.

Well it's not an off-road bike, so it would be far better placed on a road imo.

....That's actually a very good point! (Which I missed).

Thanks for the comments and kind words!

Interesting that PGD picked up on the off-road placement... I intentionally positioned her on the grassy bit in preference to leaving her on the road, as it made for a cleaner composition (no kerb line in the background) and added more of a raw look, which is the style of the bike. So I prefer it like that, even though she's not an off-road bike, it says something about her character to me :)

If I was photographing a sports bike, or indeed my car (MX5 - don't need any more Jap stuff in my life, bloody rust buckets!) I would definitely keep it on the tarmac, but I liked the rough grass look for the Harley.

Back