Customs

Name
Ed
Edit My Images
No
Anyone know anything about customs and how long it should take?

My new plate camera has been sat at Coventry airport since Jul 28th Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner. I've bought loads of stuff from Japan and it's never taken this long before.

Last year I had to wait 10 day's for my lens to clear that I got from Japan, so hopefully your on there list..

It is a mixed bag it really is. You can sometimes get some joy by calling 0845 010 9000. Patience is often the key. I bring some kit in from Asia once in a while for work purposes, usually I am ordering on the basis that it could take 3 full weeks to arrive.

I had a turbocharger sit in customs for a couple of days, only to find when they delivered it to me, they had sawn it in half checking for drugs.

Amazing, thought that only happens here :bang:

Couldn't they just use an X-ray machine, or an ultrasound screening?

Amazing, thought that only happens here :bang:

Couldn't they just use an X-ray machine, or an ultrasound screening?

The power of the x-rays needed to get through the metal would render anything on the inside of the turbo invisible.

I think the lesson here is make sure its not the sniffer dogs day off when your turbo is arriving!!

Paul

Yes, x-rays couldn't penetrate it so they saw it in half and I think they check the sawdust for drugs. It was coming from Jamaica so another reason to be suspect.

I put a claim in for a brand new replacement and was actually quids in, although I was furious at the time.

Yes, x-rays couldn't penetrate it so they saw it in half and I think they check the sawdust for drugs. It was coming from Jamaica so another reason to be suspect.

I put a claim in for a brand new replacement and was actually quids in, although I was furious at the time.

Glad that's sorted then (y); as for the OP, I hope your stuff arrives safely in one piece too :wave:

Back