Cutting Mount Board. What do you use? Recommendations?

Have received cut photo frames, excellent service and packaging so good it took ages to unpack, thanks guy's............

We make sure every package of mounts and frames always reach their destination in one piece. On the rare occasion (when we used YODEL) we immediately replaced the odd one that was damaged in transit.

Hi im trying to work out how to cut out a mount to display medals and various other items like ids awards etc on one pice of mount card. unfortunately the framer was probably intoxicated when he tried to do it and I got a dogs dinner hence my motivation to do it myself. I have mount boards but I am having difficulty cutting accurately and deeply enough using wait fo rit a Stanley knife.

Amount could have up to 9 boxes cut out.

Any ideas on what kind of system to use?

the stuffs valuable, militaria so id like it to look good.

Hi im trying to work out how to cut out a mount to display medals and various other items like ids awards etc on one pice of mount card. unfortunately the framer was probably intoxicated when he tried to do it and I got a dogs dinner hence my motivation to do it myself. I have mount boards but I am having difficulty cutting accurately and deeply enough using wait fo rit a Stanley knife.

There are systems like the Logan team system but its just a fancy craft knife with decent blade and adapters and attachments for bevels, etc.

My experience though is that you need quite a lot of patience and practice to get this right- you're unlikely to produce expert finishes straight out of the box and the learning process is steep to get high quality finishes. If you have 9 cut outs in one mount board and want high quality looking good from the start then this is a big task and I suggest a sober framer or one of the online companies who cut bespoke orders.

Worth looking at mount kits and starting to practice if you are going to mount things regularly

I use a Logan 560 system I picked up cheap on eBay. I only ever cut straights and bevels though. Before that I used a Logan 301.

Very easy to use straight out of the box, very accurate and perfect results every time.

Last edited:
Back