cw318is's Photo 52 only 7 shots to go!

because I'm a yachtsman!

I entered the works Regatta a couple of years back.
Good fun, but I'd rather a more relaxing pace.
Then again, I'd rather I still owned my speed boat, loads more fun, but that wouldn't be too practical with three young children, or considering the price of fuel these days :puke:

Hi ya Caleb

Crikey moses...I've missed loads of your posts...sorry :crying:

Safe...wicked knife ! Like the mono,& simplicity of the shot (y)

Pair...immediately said the theme to me...DOF is amazing :)

Wind.....sort of says wind to me...like it anyway but would have liked to see the whole...nice detail though (y)

Rescue wildcard....really like this shot though not sure why :thinking: It's dark & moody ...curious....how did you get access to this ??

Hi Lynn,

The Blackbird is on display in the American Air Museum, you can go and stand next to it, or on the ramp to the side of it which is where that shot came from. A lot of PP went into the background of that one.

Anyway - including whats left of this year I have another 10 images left to do - best pull my finger out!

Week 46 Living, I like the idea but not the flat lighting...just a matter of personal taste. such care and attention to detail on the house ;)

Week 47 Reshoot, Now this I REALLY like (y)
Composition? check
Light? check
Focus? check
Detail? check
Je ne sais quoi? check (y)

Week 47 Light, Brilliant detail, good light, well controlled dof. Getting good at this aren't you ;)

caleb... i love all things lego so this stuck out for me. but as tina said rather mutted in the lighting... but also the words on the Bible look PS'd and distorted...maybe as an idea you could have had the bible open at a certain page, double spread and the house on top...as for elaborate. that IS good. i love the PP but the angle and thought :top marks:

Thank you for the comments. The text on the bible looks photoshopped because it is, couldn't work out how to get the text to bend around the spine. As you can probably tell the house was shot at a different time. By the time I had hunted out a book which looked biblical enough it had gone dark and had to be flash lit on a card rather then in the softbox with the house

Hiya Caleb,

Wow, I can't believe how far behind I am with commenting on your project, so here goes:

Sensual: agree with comments made regards the reflection and as you say it doesn't really add to the image .... should be easy enough to clone out.

Wind: without your explanation I wouldn't have made the connection, however I think you have done well to capture a clear shot.

Pair: great shot and bang on theme (y)

Safe: wow that is some knife. Agree with comments already made by others.

Living: now that is a different take on the theme ... I like the idea although 'living on a prayer' didn't spring to mind ... more a way of living. It almost looks like the Bible is floating.

Elaborate reshoot: this is spot on :clap:

Light: Nice idea and on theme. I actually like the composition and DOF and the fact that you have light reflection makes it more in keeping with the them.

Well done on your catching up.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Thanks for the comments Dawn, I shall pop across to yours shortly to have a catch up :)

Now, I went out today to get a specific shot, only to be hit with an Err99 code - not good when I only had 1 lens with me :( Body still works fine with other lenses, just not my 100-400 at the moment so I've used pretty much the shot I was trying to get from a few weeks ago.

Week 48 - Cute by cw318is, on Flickr

Leopards are my favourite cats, and cats are by default cute and either eating, washing or sleeping so thought a snoozing shot of this elusive cat would be in keeping!

Leopards are definately cute, she (her name is Milena) has such a fantastic character given the choice I would gladly exchange most of my office staff for her. They are also endangered so go here and donate some money: http://www.amur-leopard.org/

Anyway, jumping back a bit, my take on "Evolution"

Week 32 - Evolution by cw318is, on Flickr

3 generations of Impreza, then one of the photoshop plugins happened which I thought looked really cool.

Hiya Caleb,

I love the leopard ... and having lived in South Africa for so many years, I can appreciate the beauty and cuteness of these endangered animals, they are absolutely gorgeous. I may have been tempted to do a slightly closer crop .... especially on the cute sleeping face.

Evolution: Well what can I say ... being a Subaru owner myself, I absolutely love these cars and the colours, processing and abstractness of this image is right up my street :clap:

Well done

Cheers

Dawn :)

Back