Cwm Idwal, Snowdonia

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello Guys

Pretty much first time taking a landscape picture & HDR from and excellent location, C & C is very Welcome!

Cwm Idwal / Devil's Kitchen, Snowdonia, North Wales, on Flickr

Personally im not sure whether i should have started the first one from the river you can just see at the start giving a good lead into the picture but i wasnt up there for pictures that day. And the second one i should clone out the fence.

Im struggling with getting the foreground sharp and the rest of the picture sharp, but I think i might not be focussing intp the pcitrue enough, Any pointers would be really appreciated!

Last edited:
I can't seem to see them... :shrug:

I'd really like to see these too as I love Cwm Idwal

ok, we should be up and running now, Thanks Oli much appreciated!

thanks for the comments, I must have my monitor setup really bright as they look ok to me!, the originals werent great to be honest. I didnt have a tripod with me and it was very dull and windy so the pictures look pretty lifeless which is why I thought I would HDR them instead of deleting them

I haven't been to Cwm Idwal for years and was interested to see your pictures. The colours in the second photo look excellent on my screen (IMac) and capture the atmosphere. As you say the fence needs to disappear and my only criticism is that a bit more sky would have helped the picture - maybe a wider angle lens?

I like 3, but I wish you had more of the sky as I like the threatening clouds.I, for my part, like the darkness.

Back