Cwmorthin

I like it especially the mist

It was ten years ago I last went to Cwmorthin. The chimneys have gradually disappeared. I can see only one left in your image but two in mine. It is one of those locations that gives up a good image whatever the weather. Well done.

Dave

Superb, the lighting conditions justify the retention of colour in my opinion. The day I went was a standard Gwynedd day, rain from all angles so everything was monochrome already.

MUST
FIND
EXCUSE to go back there...

Very nice landscape style capture David, with some lovely light.

If you crop out the top to remove the featureless sky it becomes a much better shot in my view

Bags of atmosphere, lovely light and the mist just tops it off, lovely image.

Last edited:
lovely, i may have another crack at it later in the year. i had an afternoon wandering round last year ended up falling flat on my arse in one of the water falls leading into the lake fortunately managed to ave the camera at my own expense .

Thanks Guys, it was a great day but you have to be quick to catch light like that, the mist blows through so quickly. I agree about the crop, just couldn't decide where to crop.

Rory, I have a lifetime visa, purchased when the terrace had four chimneys!

In preserving the terrace (and the chapel), I think they have levelled off the walls a bit too even :(

Thanks Guys, it was a great day but you have to be quick to catch light like that, the mist blows through so quickly. I agree about the crop, just couldn't decide where to crop.

Rory, I have a lifetime visa, purchased when the terrace had four chimneys!

In preserving the terrace (and the chapel), I think they have levelled off the walls a bit too even :(

Yes, it's a great shame to see they area falling apart. There has been some concrete capping on top of the walls to try and hold them together.
Rhosydd was featured on BBC Wales Hidden Wales a couple of days ago. The decay is worse up there.

In the early 90's the slates were stolen off the chapel roof and used on a garage then the farmer came along with a tractor and pulled away at the timbers on the roof. Utter vandalism !

Back