Cycle Hill Climb

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Pendle Hill from Sabden today. Winner got within 5 seconds of Boardman's 1988 record albeit wind assisted.

ADE8901-XL.jpg

ADE8911-XL.jpg

ADE8866-XL.jpg

ADE8888-XL.jpg

ADE8853-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I really think that the B & W shots do the event justice, they are great! That second shot sums up the pain of hillclimbs for me, and the last is typical of the after race relief.

That is a great shot Adrian, much better IMO than the colour version, and I think that the tight crop works, making it look far more dramatic - not a sport for "softies"!

Isn't that interesting how small changes have such an impact on a photo. The original version of 1 is nice but not much more, whereas the cropped b&w is so much more evocative (actually just realised they're different pics!). I also like the last of the series. From the backlight on the second pic (love the backlit hair on the arm) you were in a great position, but could use a bit of flash to light the face.

Ha, Ha! some great expressions there Andy. If the guy in No. 2's legs are as hairy as his arms that's gotta cost him at least another 10secs. on the climb.:LOL:

Great stuff. (y)

Stew.

Great photos, as has been said, you can feel the pain.

Cheers guys. Just re-visted the original and processed again looking at 1 or 2 things that were bugging me and ended up with this:

forumcyclepic-X2.jpg

Great set of photo's. All about pain - I like it(y)

Love the BW versions top work.

Cheers

Matt

Legs are dying but the summit is calling!!! Can really feel his pain in that last edited pic. nicely captured and portrayed

A superb set of images I like the 5th shot of the cyclist recovering after the pain of the climb.

Very good set ...I love them all .... 5 and the last one especially !!! Well Done !!

#1 for me ... you even framed the roadside bollard perfectly!

What was Boardman's 1988 record by the way?

Back