D’oh…SD card fails during Tony Northrups Canon EOS-R review

Actually, I don't mind most of the you tube regulars. The only one that really gets my goat is the guy from "Three Blind Men and an Elephant". Talk about ego!! It isn't his content but his delivery just irritates me beyond belief with the pretentious pauses and studied actions done in an attempt to add gravitas. Yuck! He's probably a nice guy in real life but I can't watch his videos.
And yet I've just discovered him through this thread and really enjoyed his videos on the EOS R. I've liked his delivery, pauses and all. I think he comes across eloquently. I like the Northrups too (though my attention span limits me to 20 minutes at a time).

And yet I've just discovered him through this thread and really enjoyed his videos on the EOS R. I've liked his delivery, pauses and all. I think he comes across eloquently. I like the Northrups too (though my attention span limits me to 20 minutes at a time).

Indeed. He gives me the screaming abdabs but vive la difference. One man's meat etc.

One I'm not sure what I think about him is 'The Art of Photography'. I'm not sure what it is about him, it is a 'sort of slightly always smiley could be psycho look'. :eek: :LOL:

Tony Northrup has another vid up about the reliability of cards from a survey he has done. Looks like some people have had XQD cards fail. ;)

View: https://youtu.be/qqo-MtNy2Ps

Last edited:
I've posted him on here before, he's a funny guy, love the dead-pan humour. But he sure is dragging out this camera choice mission he set out on, I think he moans about something on all of them just so he can keep the search going :D But I agree, rather watch ten of his videos in a row than 1 minute of Jared Polin - now there's an obnoxious dick. I don't think any of these are more knowledgeable than the rest of us, some even less so from what I've seen [with mis-information, clearly reading the manual while doing 'tutorials', overly pushing things a lot of us don't need like 4K in a million different formats etc ... and giving cons for lack of]
Obnoxious dick :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO: precious

Yes it's been known, no card is infallible (y)
The reason I posted it was because there were a lot of people, trying to justify the use of one card slot for some reason, with the argument that they had either not had an XQD card fail, or that they had never heard about any failing. XQD cards fail, and now they know that.

Now they may say well they don't fail as often, or it is not important.... :rolleyes:

The reason I posted it was because there were a lot of people, trying to justify the use of one card slot for some reason, with the argument that they had either not had an XQD card fail, or that they had never heard about any failing. XQD cards fail, and now they know that.

Now they may say well they don't fail as often, or it is not important.... :rolleyes:
Well they don't fail as often, but is purely that there aren't as many in circulation or is it by percentage?

Back