D 300

I got mine from OneStop Digital, ordered Sunday night and it turned up Thursday morning. £1039 all in.

Are you thinking of one Charlie? I used mine today for the first time and I'm seriously impressed.

I got mine from OneStop Digital, ordered Sunday night and it turned up Thursday morning. £1039 all in.

Are you thinking of one Charlie? I used mine today for the first time and I'm seriously impressed.

Been thinking for a while & today I handled one for the first time. Local shop is asking £1200. Like the camera though

I dealt with one-stop for my sigma flash gun last year. They are cheap and promise to pay any duties that arise.

I have used one-stop on a few occasions, I'm really impressed and the delivery is uber fast!

RGB-Tech in middlesborough are advertising the D300 at £1099.

Is onestop stock uk or import?

My order for the D300 plus grip, 18-70 and 70-300 will be made this week or am I better off seeing what the sales may bring?

I have just picked one up in the last week or so and paid £1100. There are a couple of places at that price via ebay and UK supplied even though they might be a grey import. On ebay, if I remember correctly, 'numbthumbs' are selling them and also if you check on www.camerapricebuster.com[url], the...t that would be a separate thread to compare!

I fondled a D2Xs and a D300 yesterday. Think im going to go with the D300 once ive saved up the pennies. The price of the camera seems perfectly fine to me (Will probably get it from RGB-Tech in middlesborough), but the price of the battery grip is somewhat excessive isn't it?

Agree with MK - £259 RRP for the grip vs. £129 for the 80/200?!?! Mind you it is a new design - doesn't go up into the camera body. You can also use a single high power battery as in the D2X or AA's.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will have a look at RGB. At about £100 cheaper than my local shop I shall also try a good old Scottish haggle!

I'd be wary of importing any Nikon to the UK (as well as any other camera btw), as Nikon themselves will not touch it, even if you pay them. :eek: So I've heard.

I got my D200 off Ebay from DigitalRev, who nicely paid the import duty, ;) but I panicked when I thought there was something wrong with it, and found that little nugget of information. I mean, not touch it even if you pay them. :eek:

Just something to keep in mind. ;)

Where is the cheapest place to buy one?

Hi Charlie,

I would try Kerso too, I have bought a few lenses from him this last year or so and always been great prices and can collect. He has a base in Arbroath I think so might be able to collect from there. Had a look on his eBay page and no Nikons for sale at the moment, so maybe none in stock yet?

PM him and get a quote, at least that's free ;)

As for the warranty well it's full UK with Ian, the Hong Kong ones ARE NOT covered by Nikon UK they have to go back to Hong Kong for repair, this was quoted by Nikon in a magazine I read a few months back, so best stay away from them I think.

Mike.

Hi Charlie,

I would try Kerso too, I have bought a few lenses from him this last year or so and always been great prices and can collect. He has a base in Arbroath I think so might be able to collect from there. Had a look on his eBay page and no Nikons for sale at the moment, so maybe none in stock yet?

PM him and get a quote, at least that's free ;)

As for the warranty well it's full UK with Ian, the Hong Kong ones ARE NOT covered by Nikon UK they have to go back to Hong Kong for repair, this was quoted by Nikon in a magazine I read a few months back, so best stay away from them I think.

Mike.

Thanks for that young man! Deal has now been done with my local shop.

Hi Charlie,

Mike.

Despite being a long-time Nikon fan, with that kind of attitude I'd choose to stay away from Nikon for a long time.

"We demand the right to manufacture our products in the cheapest location we can find, but we will restrict your right to buy except at an inflated UK price by threatening not to fix our own failures?"

Sorry, but artificial restrictions are not how a fair market works. But I doubt any other manufacturer is any better.

Despite being a long-time Nikon fan, with that kind of attitude I'd choose to stay away from Nikon for a long time.

"We demand the right to manufacture our products in the cheapest location we can find, but we will restrict your right to buy except at an inflated UK price by threatening not to fix our own failures?"

Sorry, but artificial restrictions are not how a fair market works. But I doubt any other manufacturer is any better.

Agreed

It's not quite so simple as that. It's not Nikon as a parent company who won't fix kit, if you buy from Hong Kong you just send the kit back to Hong Kong for repairs under warrenty.

Nikon UK operate as a separate company so obviously they won't be looking to service kit for which they've seen no revenue for.

It's pretty standard business practice. At least don't produce kit with different protocols for different regions like Playstations et al. Imagine not being able to fit a lens bought in the US onto a body bought in the UK.

According to their website RGB-Tech are out of stock at the moment, although Bristol cameras have it as in stock. Ive sent emails off to both of them to double check the stock level situation. I would prefer to get it from RGB-Tech as I could go an pick it up from the shop. If all goes right I should have one in the next few weeks. (y)

A few points I was wondering about; Im going to be getting the MB-D10 grip. Id also like a EN-EL4a battery eventually to get up to the full 8fps (How often i'll need that im not sure) but will I need a seperate charger for it? I presume I will, or is it possible to charge it in the camera? Also do you need a new battery door for the grip to hold the EN-EL4a?

Is the D300 likely to max out a Sandisk Extreme 3 CF card and should I go for a Sandisk Extreme 4 or is that just overkill?

Does the D300 have an IR sensor on the front and is my remote shutter for my D40X likely to work with it?

Hi Charlie I usualy try warehouse Express as they are often quite competitive but I am not sure if they price match. I fancy the D300 but presently looking at the Nikon 200-400 VR lens

Is Ian (Kerso) selling D300s yet? Price Ian? - nothing on the EBay site yet.

From Nikon Site.

International WarrantyApplies to conventional equipment (lenses, cameras, Speedlights)

• Your Nikon equipment is guaranteed against any manufacturing defects for one year from the date of purchase.
• The warranty card is issued only at the time of original purchase; it is non-transferable.
• The warranty card must be presented to the Nikon Service Facility before any repair can be made under warranty.
• Establishing the original purchase date should be made by the original consumer purchase via the sales slips, or other evidence.
• Damage caused by accident, misuse, do-it-yourself repairs, sand, grit or water is not covered by this warranty, which is only valid at a Nikon Service Centre.
• All mail or transportation costs including insurance are at the expense of the owner. All other claims of any nature are not covered*.

*Nikon will not be held liable for damages or lost profits resulting from a malfunction of our products.

So whats the difference between this above International Warranty and the European Service Warranty on the same page.

http://www.europe-nikon.com/home/en_GB/local/broad/386/1.html

Just for info. My MB-D10 grip arrived today from Campkins. It cost me £164.00 with free postage. That was not a bad price at all. Excellent service and friendly to deal with. I think they have been established a long time. Rang me yesterday to let me know it was on the way. It arrived this morning.

Chris :)

Ive just ordered my D300! :D Im going to pick it up from Jessops (Thats correct.. Jessops) On boxing day or the day after. They have a special offer on, and I used a discount code to get the price down to £1,044.99 which I recon is pretty decent. Will get the battery grip and memory cards from elsewhere though.

Does anyone know what Jessops' opening hours are over the next few days?

Hopefully will get my D300 plus grip and lenses on the 27th.

Does anyone know what Jessops' opening hours are over the next few days?
I guess Jessops staff may know - give them a call! Just about all they may know though! :D:D:D:D

dsc0058at6.jpg

:D

Ive got a cold now, but when I feel like going out i'll give the camera a proper spin. Im going to get the battery grip, but im going to order it seperatly in a few days.

So far the camera feels amazing. It doesn't feel or look much bigger then the D40X, but when you put them side by side there is no comparison. Its going to take me a few days to get used to the new layout of buttons etc, but im really loving it already. The 51 point AF is something else. I put it on AF-C, 51 point 3D tracking and 6fps and walked about with my finger on the shutter. The focus stayed locked on the origional target despite me walking side to side and backwards and forwards. Its going to be a dream to use for birds in flight etc. :)

Back