D200 back from focus adjustment

Name
Spencer
Edit My Images
Yes
So, the D200 came back yesterday, after being sent off for focus adjustment just 7 days all in all - not bad. Good job Nikon (y)

For those interested, here's a 100% crop of an unadjusted JPG before the work was done. Note that focus was the centre focus point, but the crop is to the right of the whole pic, so it works out to be to the far left of the shot below. Notice how the left book is out of focus, but the right book is in focus, and is about 2" behind the book on the left.

DSC_6142sml.JPG

And here is roughly the same shot after it has been sent back:

DSC_6885sml.JPG

They gave it a sensor clean, cleaned the mirror etc too, as well as getting rid of all the dust in my 18-200 (which was pretty bad) :D

Care to tell us how much? :thinking:

Pete

Luckily, it was under warranty. I have the invoice but all the values are £00.00

I can tell you that it took 2 hrs for the body and 1 hr for the lens, but I don't know what their hourly rate is.:shrug:

And the address to as mine may need some tlc

I guess I missed this DM - I took mine to Nikon HQ in Kingston, as I don't trust the mail.

380 Richmond Road
Kingston upon Thames
Surrey
KT2 5PR
Tel 0330 123 0928

You'll need to open a case with them 1st though I think.

List of all repair centres here.

If the D200 is the same set up as the D70 it's not a big job to adjust the focus yourself, all you need is an allen key.....

If the D200 is the same set up as the D70 it's not a big job to adjust the focus yourself, all you need is an allen key.....

Really? Do you have any further info? Mine's covered for another year, but would be useful info if they are the same....

I would be really interested in finding out how the adjust the focus on my D200!

I'd be interested in this also!

Do a mirror lock up and take the lens off, on your right, low down, as you look into the opening is a small tube-like protrusion, which is actually an allen screw. This (on a D70 anyway) adjusts the focus of the body.

I've had a quick look at my S5 and it looks like the same set up, but as I say I only know for sure that that's how to do it on a D70 body.

I don't mean to topic hijack at all but is there any way of having a dedicated thread to making these adjustments at home Flash_In_The_Pan? Knowing me I would turn the screw entirely the wrong way and be worse off.

I don't mean to topic hijack at all but is there any way of having a dedicated thread to making these adjustments at home Flash_In_The_Pan? Knowing me I would turn the screw entirely the wrong way and be worse off.

It's like adjusting anything else, mark the original position and make note of each adjustment you make.....

If anyone is interested H Lehmann in Stoke on Trent are official service centres for Nikon and Canon. Its worth phoning them (if you can get through) to find out if you live in their "catchment area"as they operate a weekly collection and delivery from various camera shops. Not only is a saving but peace of mind that RM will not loose your goods. As I am a CPS member they have also returned goods within the week by special delivery FOC for me if requested.

Back