D3 ISO25600 isn't bad...

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
It was the works xmas party on Thursday night, and I took the D3 and 24-70 for giggles, I left the flash at home. When we got to the venue it was really dark, it's built in the brick arches of a railway bridge, and there was virtually no light so I was a bit annoyed I'd left the flash behind. I was about to give up on taking any pics but decided to just let auto ISO go right up to H2 and see what happened. I've use lightroom to do some noise reduction and sharpening of this shot, and resized and again sharpened ( slightly ) in PS. It is cropped a little before resizing too.

F2.8 1/40s

ISO25600_DSC0533.jpg

OK it's not the best shot in the world, but at that ISO I'm just amazed.

Pete

Yeah not bad at all... Any chance I could see the original before NR? and was the NR 'in cam' on for the shot too?

I usually find my shots at high ISO's (ha, I think of 1600 as high ISO) look more impressive when there is more detail for the noise to get lost in, so I reckon that is pretty amazing really.

I've only done a little NR on that image, mainly to get rid of a small amount of light coloured noise in the background. I'll check but I think NR is off in cam.

Back