D300 Discount with Dixons

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Sorry if this has already been posted. Just found on another forum that Dixons are doing a £100 discount on the D300:

Discount:
£100
Minimum Spend:
£0.00
Promotional Code:
NIKOD300
Expiry:
09/08/2008
Applies to:
Nikon D300 DSLR

A quick check on their website shows the price at £950.70 so if the discount works that is £850.70! Not sure if it is any good but give it a try if you are looking.

Regards

Chris

Doesn't work for me...

I've found them in several places for £899 though.

I understand from elsewhere that the discount code works if you select the 18 - 200 lens.

Regards

Chris

Yes only works if you buy the 18-200VR bundle.

Yep, that works. So you get the bundle for £1,385.99. £100 pounds off.

Just looking for the site to the company i bought it from. Local to me so went and payed cash over the counter for it.

Probably the best way to do it! If I could find one for that price, it may just make my mind up on buying one.

Although advertised on the site as £849, I only payed £800 as that's what she told me it was.

It also states

"An As New item is identical in every way to a Brand new item except it cannot be sold as Brand New UK Stock"

Mine had piece of paper attached to the box saying it was an excess order from a Jessops store and returned to Nikon. Still had Nikon seal on box, all contents still wrapped up and a zero-shoot count on the camera.

http://filterfantastic.co.uk/

I was a bit dubious myself which is why I went and had a look myself, unwrapped it myself before i handed any money over.

Although advertised on the site as £849, I only payed £800 as that's what she told me it was.

It also states

"An As New item is identical in every way to a Brand new item except it cannot be sold as Brand New UK Stock"

Mine had piece of paper attached to the box saying it was an excess order from a Jessops store and returned to Nikon. Still had Nikon seal on box, all contents still wrapped up and a zero-shoot count on the camera.

I was a bit dubious myself which is why I went and had a look myself, unwrapped it myself before i handed any money over.

It's what's known as graded or refurbished stock, Filter Fantastic were previously trading as Harbour48

Nikon graded stuff doesn't come with a label saying where it came from and why it was returned, I know, I've bought a few of them over the years.Also I can't really see Jessops returning a D300 (their best seller, so I've been told) as excess stock.:thinking: Sounds more like the camera reseller's equivalent of the secondhand car dealer putting a bible in the glovebox and claiming the car was last owned by a vicar :LOL:

never seen a retail camera in jessops with a jessops sticker on it. But ask yourself, why would a big chain like Jessops have to return a brand new unused, best selling camera? Most likely expanation is that it was either dead straight out the box (and refurbished by Nikon) or returned under Jessops 21 day no quibble return policy...

never seen a retail camera in jessops with a jessops sticker on it. But ask yourself, why would a big chain like Jessops have to return a brand new unused, best selling camera? Most likely expanation is that it was either dead straight out the box (and refurbished by Nikon) or returned under Jessops 21 day no quibble return policy...

I'd probably go for the 21 day return then tbh, either way I ain't complaining.

As long as you have the Nikon warranty (or the Nikon refurbished one) then you're laughing. Did you get a genuine Nikon battery with it? Last one I bought the seller had switched it for a Hong Kong cheapo...so the camera went back and they got reported to Nikon ;)

It also states

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, what you have there is either a grey import D300 or a refurb.
Regardless of the presence of a warranty card, the probability of you having any repairs under warranty are slim to none.
Have you tried registering the camera with Nikon?

You have been scammed by the same chaps as me.

Here's the story. I'd advise to read the enitire thread and not just bits of it, inc Puddleducks posts.

Clicky Here

Last edited:
So, the situation is at the moment I have a camera that I'm happy with, that (as far as I know by the image number) hadn't taken a single shot. It does have a Jessops sticker on the lid of the box, with excess stock and a store number scribbled across it. I did think it a little strange when she said she couldn't give me a receipt at the time, but as promised she has posted it to me since the sale.

Think I may be cancelling the order of the lens tomorrow. :thinking:

I would get in touch with Nikon to see if it is British stock, because they won't touch it otherwise, should anything go wrong (fingers crossed etc ;) ). I made the mistake of buying my D200 from Ebay. I'll never buy a grey import camera again (though mine is OK). Lenses, I'll take the chance, but not with cameras.

If it is British stock, then you may have got a bargain. Some worrying stories have been told though.

I thought it was the time to make the jump to the D300 at that price. Looks like I'll wait a bit longer for the price to come down a bit more.;)

So as long as I have no problems with it, I've had a good buy at that price. May make a couple of enquiries tomorrow or am I best off not knowing until something goes wrong?

Up to now fingers crossed everything is fine, but then again I have only had it a week.

Ouch, well there is already a thread about these guys selling returned stock as "refurb"

Last edited:
So as long as I have no problems with it, I've had a good buy at that price. May make a couple of enquiries tomorrow or am I best off not knowing until something goes wrong?

Up to now fingers crossed everything is fine, but then again I have only had it a week.

Well, it appears that the going rate is around the £950 region and if there is a cash back offer of £100, then it's not much of a saving considering the circumstance.

I'd poke around and speak to Nikon, try to register the camera and ask questions regarding the 'warranty' that filter fraudtastic bunged in with your D300. The best possible out come would be that it's a UK refurb, you may get a few months warranty but definitely not a full 12 month cover.

Also,if your experience is following the same route as mine, the receipt they have issued to you in the post won't be classed as a legimate sales receipt, (which warranty repairs demand), FF don't use VAT numbers (That' what Tracy told us anyway) and the paperwork they issued to me with the purchase was simply a summary.

Basically, you may not have any problems with your camera and let's hope so too, but in the event of anything breaking down, you'll have to pay the full whack to get it sorted. I'm in the same boat mate, I have a lens which has no warranty and as insurance policy states here in Finland, I cannot insure the lens without a legitimate sales receipt with VAT number.
That's why I'm not best pleased with them, they are bunch of liars.
Their ebay listing was "Brand new UK stock, inc EU\UK warranty" and that's precisely what I didn't get. I was lucky the lens worked.

But what about the Zero actuations count?

If it's a UK refurb the counter will be reset. If it is a grey import (Non UK Stock) it will be new so the counter will also start at zero.

Last edited:
VAT registration number at the bottom of receipt. 819598277

I'll give Nikon a call in the morning, see what they have to say.

If they come back with it's a UK model but I only have 3 months warranty left, where do I stand?

Well that's a good start having a VAT number, I wonder if it's real though.

To be honest, I wouldn't know where you stand really, I decided to not go down the refund route for two reasons, the first being that I really needed the lens for a paid job a couple days after recieving it, the second was that I doubted I'd ever see the colour of my cash again, after all they scammed me in the first place, why not scam again?.

Firts port of call, check with Nikon, you may have a UK refurb in which case you may find that nikon will be more willing to honour some kind of coverage, but this is purely speculation.
Give em a call and find out. Best of luck with it.

Cheers. I'll be on the phone first thing in morning, hopefully it'll be good news.

Let us know how you get on mate, Send us a PM or post in this same thread, either way I hope the outcome is better for you.

Nikon do sell returned items as "refurbished", they claim that the cameras are checked over and returned to "new" condition and are given a 12 month warranty. The last one I bought (from SRS Microsystems) didn't have a Nikon warranty, but rather one from a third party , nor did it have a Nikon battery. What it did have was a filthy sensor which kind of belied the "refurbished" status.

If it is a genuine Nikon refurb it should have a 12 month Nikon UK warranty card, which is completely different from the regular Nikon Worldwide Warranty and iirc (I don't have my box at hand to check) should indicate UK on the barcode panel

Back