d300 grip

alexkidd

D.O.N.K.E.Y.
Name
Alex
Edit My Images
No
I'm possibly after a 3rd party grip for my d300 as frankly i'm not sure the official one merits it's price tag

i've had a search and link delight has come up a couple of times but i'm sure i remember a thread where someone linked to a website (not ebay) that had one and came reccomended...

anyhow to get to the point...reccomendations people? :)
*preferably from people who've owned/own one*

Cheers
Alex

Hi,

I though I would comment on this thread as I have just ordered a 3rd party one from Ebay from the seller Link-Delight as I had previously bought one from them for my 450D and it worked great and it was hard to tell it apart from the genuine Canon one. I ordered the grip with another battery and the high power battery holder(for shooting at 8FPS, although I didn't bother with getting the high capacity EN-EL4 or whatever it's called battery as I can source of of them locally)

I think there was a review on here in the review section about their battery grips.

It came to £59.99 including postage.

Mike.

I'm very happy with the D200 linkdelight grips, so similar to the nikon ones that I don't know how people justify the extra to be honest, and if you need any extra batteries they bundle them with at a pretty good price too.

My findings as I use the Mb-10 and a link delight on one of my other D300's, link is very good for the money, but it does drain the batt's when not in use, the Nikon never wastes a drop.

but for the money it is a good buy.

i've just got my D300 grip from Link Delight, turned up after just a week from ordering it.

It feels brilliant and the quality is very good.

I have the proper Nikon D300 grip for these reasons

1 should the camera go faulty and a third party grip is attached the warrantee will be invalid

2 The strength and support/ build quality of a third party grip on a tripod may not be sufficient

3 The weather sealing is may not be up to standard on a third party grip

4 the third party grip may not fit the camera properly and cause a fault on the contacts.

Anyway that is why I went for the Nikon official grip as I don't want to risk damage to a £1000+ camera.

Realspeed

Back